question

greg-cope avatar image
greg-cope asked

BMV-700 Amp reading inaccurate

I have a BMV-700 with bluetooth dongle on a Boat. The shunt is wired to the negative feed of the house bank which is 500Ah of LifePO4. The B2 BMV-700 input is to the AGM Starter battery voltage. This used to work okay with a previous FLA house bank (since replaced). There is a 70/15 MPPT controller connected to the LifePO4 and another MPPT(not Victron) connected to the AGM via their own fuses.

I have tried repeatedly zeroing it with nothing connected (ie loads switched off and MPPT fuse removed). A clamp meter and the LifePO4 BMS both confirm zero amps at this time.

The shunt seems very inaccurate. It swings wildly up to +/-7A when nothing is on. Voltage for both house lifePO4 and starter AGM are fine. Yesterday, in rare UK sun, the MPPT was putting in 12A and the shunt read 0 Amps.

What could confuse the Amp reading? Could there be interference on the data cable OR the shunt B1/B2 cables (both are original length and near other cables).

Do I need a new PCB?

BMV Battery Monitoramps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

There is a 70/15 MPPT controller connected to the LifePO4 and another MPPT(not Victron) connected to the AGM via their own fuses.

Where are the negative wires connected?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic