question

mio23 avatar image
mio23 asked

Quatro 15kW or 3 x Quatro 5kW?

Hello. I have a dilemma. My house receives 3 phase electricity from the supplier. I want to replace this electricity with my own solar energy as master energy. Please, can someone tell me if it is good to have 3 x quatro 5kW or one powerful quatro 15kW. I'm afraid that 3 quatros won't be as noisy as one quatro. But won't one quatro 15kW have a big loss or consumption for itself like 3 quatros? In the house, I would probably merge 3 phases into one via a contactor. If the quatro falls out, it divides the phases back into 3 phases. Is this a stupid solution?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger3 phasesplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You need one per phase

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gerardo avatar image
Gerardo answered ·

Hi Mio,

If you are planning to have a 3-phase output in your solar system, you need 3 x Quattros, one per phase. End of discussion.

If all the appliances in your house are single-phase, then you can consider different options: 3 x 5KVA in parallel, or just 1 x 15KVA.

My recommendation:

- If your system is budget-sensitive, go with the 15KVA. It is cheaper than 3 x 5KVA, more efficient (less losses at low power) and easier to commission.

- If budget is not an issue, and you want some versatility in your system, go with 3 x 5KVA. That system will allow you to split the phases in 3 if required in the future. Also, you could remove 1 or 2 units from your system and use them in another installation for example.

Regards,

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
1*15KVA means a potentially dangerous, non compliant rewire and switching. It is not a good idea.
0 Likes 0 ·