question

cz0911 avatar image

SEPLOS 48V 100AH Energy Storage Battery Compatibility?

I saw this video on YouTube. And thought their design not bad and Price acceptable. So I get connected with this supplier located in China. Called SEPLOS. It's a third-party manufacturing brand that not listed on Victron website.

Anyway, They told me that their packs could communicate with the Victron inverter. And they send me this picture of their pack and Victron inverter. Currently, I've got the Victron Quattro 48v 5000VA. And I'd like to have a try with their PUSUNG, which is a 48v 100ah pack.

126613889-396279451786280-1318025837473721659-n.jpg

Did anyone get a battery from this company before? I would like to know your review before formal purchase.

EasySolar All-in-One
3 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I'm sure you will need a GX device. The battery will not communicate directly with your Quattro.
On that picture they use a MultiPlus-II GX.

cz0911 avatar image cz0911 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ·

I've asked the supplier for the protocol they use. And I think they're compatible.

Hello, I have installed the Seplos BMS on my project for a short time. In my opinion, these are the same ones that are built into the battery packs from Seplos. I have 5 BMS running in parallel and one as a master which is connected to the CerboGX with Can. The pack addressing is done with DIP switches. And the parameters can be adjusted as required using PC software. Communication with the Cerbo works well, the BMS sends SOC, SOH, temperature, charging current, discharging current and charging voltage to it.

20211010-162402.jpg20211010-162410.jpg

unbenannt.pngunbenannt1.pngunbenannt2.png

unbenannt5.png

unbenannt.png (50.2 KiB)
unbenannt1.png (45.0 KiB)
unbenannt2.png (42.2 KiB)
unbenannt5.png (166.4 KiB)
4 Answers
Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA avatar image
Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA answered ·

Hi @Cz0911, welcome to the Community!

I've never heard of this company before now, but I'll note an important thing: Many companies claim that they are compatible with Victron equipment (and they're not always lying), but until Victron certifies that as well, then it's not Victron-supported and so you'll be on your own with it in terms of setup, programming, and any aberrant behavior that your system may exhibit in future.

While connection of Victron equipment in non-supported systems is certainly possible and often successful, the loss of your support options in case of unexpected behavior down the road is a very important consideration to take into account prior to making any purchases. And while connection in a non-supported system will not necessarily void your Victron warranties, it also might, depending on a vast array of factors, since connection to a non-supported battery is, by definition, a type of installation error... and any damage caused by installation error is not warrantable.

Basically: I advise that you tread carefully, research thoroughly, and take the loss of support and surety of behavior into account before making any purchases!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

They seem to have a CAN bus output from the picture, there are so many companies there in china, if you buy and it does not work correctly then its your risk, you get what you pay for usually, many a time I have learnt the hard way, you buy cheap then expect to have issues and you then have to be able to fix the issues.. The only way to know is to test it yourself and then you own it and have to deal with any issues, I agree with everything Justin has said.

dont do it buy one that is certified

if you do buy one MAKE sure it has a relay output for low signal and high signal. then if the can does not work you can connect to the 2 signal BMS assistant in the Multiplus II make sure you have access to there BMS settings and you can fine tune if need be.

1 comment

This picture is taken in my workshop and the battery is running fine since october 2020 in a ESS system. APsystems ac coupled with a multiplus 3000 gx. The battery BMS is programmed for Victron. We assembly in Spain these batteries and load bms with the correct software to run with CAN protocol. They are not (yet) on the list of compatible battery for Victron. They do not show any incompatibily with GX systems. Regards Peter Wolff- Clean Energy Solutions - Spain

peterwolff avatar image
peterwolff answered ·

This picture is taken in my workshop and the battery is running fine since october 2020 in a ESS system. APsystems ac coupled with a multiplus 3000 gx. The battery BMS is programmed for Victron. We assembly in Spain these batteries and load bms with the correct software to run with CAN protocol. They are not (yet) on the list of compatible battery for Victron. They do not show any incompatibily with GX systems. Regards Peter Wolff- Clean Energy Solutions - Spain

bstechnic avatar image
bstechnic answered ·

20210825-194647.jpgHello,

I'm testing it for 2 months now and it's working great. I connected the bms can from Seplos to the victron Cerbo bms Canbus. screenshot-20211011-173419-gallery.jpg

20210727-200628.jpg