question

Minas Papageorgiou avatar image
Minas Papageorgiou asked

What should the fully charged voltage by on SmartShunt?

I have a 24v system with 2 MultiCompact 2kva in parallel a BlueSolar 150/70 and a 500A Smartshunt conencted to 12 508A(C24) 2v SOPZs .

I am having difficulty to understand when the batteries are fully charged when connected. What is clear is that OCV is 2.08 per cell and density of 1.24gr/ml, but to measure this I need to disconnect the switch and let the system idle for like 2h. I then see that indeed they are fully charged.

But how should I configure the SmartShunt parameters to properly monitor the SOC ?

Because the voltage I am reading in the SmartShunt app is that the BlueSolar is currently charging .

Thanks!

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You must already have set absorption and float in the charger. Charged will synch to 100% when charged voltage is met, current drops to tail current for the time configured. Solar charging presents a couple of extra challenges due to clouds reducing rate of charge for longer than the default to time.

Make sure battery capacity is correct in the shunt settings, extend synch time to suit local conditions (how long do clouds affect charging, and by how much), reduce tail current from the default 4% to offset cloud induced drops. Charged voltage should be somewhere between your absorption and float setting, closer to absorption, but you may need to experiment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.