question

mquetel avatar image
mquetel asked

Victron BMV Temperature in (F) but MPPT has temp in (C) in iOS app.

I have a BMV-712 that is sharing battery voltage and battery temperature with a Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 via VE.Smart networking. I've recently noticed that the temperature as displayed in the VictronConnect iOS app is different units depending on the device I choose in the app's device list. For example, when the BMV is selected, the temp units are set to Fahrenheit and that is what I see on the status page. If I select the MPPT device, the temperature is displayed in Celsius on the status page. I don't see a way to configure units on the MPPT side and since it is a value shared from the BMV it probably shouldn't be necessary to do that anyway. I don't recall this issue in the past, not sure if it happened because of an app update or firmware update. Can someone assist?

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

Mine has always done this. I would like it fixed, but in the mean time, I use it to brush up on my C to F conversions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Mitchell avatar image
Mike Mitchell answered ·

I can confirm this behavior. It's been like that for awhile so I don't believe it's tied to an app or firmware version. I hope it gets fixed; I wouldn't go so far as to say it chaps my hide... but it is annoying.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

You can change the BMV but not the mppt. Matthijs has replied to a similar Q here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/4423/android-app-and-celsius-vs-farenheit.html So there is hope..

2 |3000

havoc5150 avatar image
havoc5150 answered ·

I found it .... Its under Device list and on the top left hand side you will see the hamburger symbol. Then under settings. Boom your good to go.

2 |3000