question

marktkauf avatar image
marktkauf asked

Loads wrong with AC PV inverter

KHi,

I have extended my existing PV (SolarEdge SE8k) system with a three phase Multiplus 3000-48 and 6 pylontech 2000 setup with a EM24 grid meter and Cerbo GX. After going live I see the following:

87aa5d98-11cf-46b1-badf-2ed985fa14af.png

Two things puzzling me:

1. AC Loads should be around 400W instead of 2504 (3488W production - 3086W to the grid)
  2. All my loads and the SE8k is connected to AC Out 1. so they loads should show up under „critical loads“ I suppose.

Going through the settings of remote console I couldn’t solve that.

I would appreciate any hints where to start.

Thanks a lot!

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @marktkauf,

You will need to adjust the inverter position in the GX device menu.

In the GX device settings menu, go to PV Inverters and set Inv: Position to AC Output.

You can watch me program one here in the AC PV online training - GX device settings for AC PV

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

esa69 avatar image esa69 commented ·
Thx mate, I could solve my problem, 2 inverters at AC IN but one was seen AC load. The connection in the Cerbo GX was L1 but in reality it was L3, So I changed it in the GX from L1 to L3 and problem solved,
0 Likes 0 ·
marktkauf avatar image
marktkauf answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

thank you so much for your help. With that I could get the loads to the correct position.

Is there a hint for my first question also:

I have PV production of 6777 (which is correct an seen on the inverter) and a flow to the grid of -6069 (as seen on the EM24). I would expect the (calculated) AC loads to be the difference: 6777-6069=708. (Please see picture)

I am sure I have wrong assumptions and would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Markus

bildschirmfoto-vom-2022-07-12-14-26-29.png

1 comment
2 |3000

There appears to be an issue with your battery connection, it is displaying at 37V.

I would investigate what is wrong there, starting from the beginning - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

0 Likes 0 ·
jdippel avatar image
jdippel answered ·

Hi,

I had the same problem. I solved it by connecting the inverter to phase 1. Previously it was connected to phase 3.

Greetings

2 |3000