question

Tien avatar image
Tien asked

Cerbo GX WiFi Issues

Hi Guys,

My Cerbo GX has been having issues with WiFi hanging, it was originally doing this after a few weeks/months but lately it has been happening more often. Days and sometimes even hours.

It seems like the WiFi is just stalling, going to the VRM menu I always get a "#153 Connection error" with the latest message being "<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb59e14d8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution"

I then go to the WiFi Menu and always see that it's connected to the WiFi Network, well the last WiFi connection it was on.

If I click on the WiFi Network, it will reconnect and VRM starts uploading again.

As this unit is in a vehicle, it does not have onboard Internet and instead goes between WiFi Connections.

I don't have "Reboot device when no contact" on, as I'm imagining that this will mean it will continuously reboot when not connected. Am I right on that?

I have tried hard resetting the Cerbo and it hasn't improved.

I've checked the antenna, it must be a later model as the antenna is in the correct position.

Is anyone else having the same issue? or is my unit faulty?

cerbo gxwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TieNN89

Has it been getting hot at all?

You can set reboot when no connection is detected, then it can sort itself out.

It is possible the router/isp is stopping the connection as well. I have one site that has this issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tien avatar image Tien commented ·
It would of gotten hot due to Summer, but we're in Winter now.

It did it again last night which I tried to get into the WiFi menu this morning which froze and I was unable to do anything.

10 mins later I was back in the main screen, went to the WiFi Menu which then reconnected.

Both locations it's connected to are using different Router and ISP. Has happened at both locations.

I've just set the auto reboot, with a 6 hour delay. I still think there's an issue either Hardware or Software.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

What firmware version?

You might improve the WiFi by using an external/USB WiFi dongle. If you already have one try it and see if it is recognized by Cerbo GX. If you decide to buy one, look for a model known to work with Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

urs4-2008 avatar image
urs4-2008 answered ·

Any new updates about this?

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@urs4_2008

This is an old thread. The newer units do not have an issue to my knowledge.

The distance to the router and signal do affect the quality of connection though as it does with any WiFi device in existence.

0 Likes 0 ·
urs4-2008 avatar image urs4-2008 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It is 1,5 years old. We have sold many units that now are 1,5 years old and older. Yes, we know about wireless devices and potensial issues. The question was to Tien if the problems got solved - and if so: how. :-)
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources