question

diver avatar image
diver asked

Incompatiable firmware

Hi,

Could someone help with my easy solar system its a 48 /5000/70-100/230/240 v.

I have just up graded with 2 BYD batteries LVS 4.0 premium.

this fault comes up System overview - GX Error # 48 DVCC with incompatible firmware : warning.

I have tried everything - is there a easy fix?

Cheers Brett

firmware updateBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @diver,

It's not clear from your post what exactly you upgraded, but the solution is to make sure that all Victron components (the MultiPlus, MPPT and GX device, that are all inside the EasySolar) are running the latest current firmware versions, and then power down and power up the system again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diver avatar image
diver answered ·

Hi Stewart I upgraded the batteries only - by a qualified person....and yes all firmware is up to date.

I actually sent you an email about this my name is Brett

4 comments
2 |3000

What are the version numbers you're running for the

GX device:

MPPT:

MultiPlus:

0 Likes 0 ·
diver avatar image diver Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for replying.

GX. V2.90~14

Multiplus. 415

BYD V1.22

Not sure how to find MPPT version

0 Likes 0 ·

The current firmware version for the MultiPlus is 497 - it will need to be updated - info on updating is here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_Configuration_Guide/en/firmware-updates.html

0 Likes 0 ·
diver avatar image diver Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Gday Guy,

I have tried many times to update to 497 firmware unfortunately it just won’t upload for some strange reason, then it shuts down and reboots after a minute also can’t find the firmware file in pro.

0 Likes 0 ·
diver avatar image
diver answered ·

Hi Guy, sorry to be a pain but i would really like it if someone could help regarding the update firmware 497…….please cheers Brett

2 |3000