question

David Gould avatar image
David Gould asked

Additional batteries on BYD 13.8 Pro system

Hi

Just throwing it out there for idea. My system at present is as below. I would like to add more storage but the BYD 13.8 pro batteries are no longer produced. Anyone any suggestions

Thanks

Dave

solar-no-edge.png

BYD
solar-no-edge.png (301.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @David Gould,

Best to get in touch with BYD direct, they have a supply of these older models for exactly this situation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David Gould avatar image
David Gould answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Hi

I have asked Steven at CCL Components to check again for me, but it wasn't looking good last time, had them on order ages and nothing. I'm discussing with Fronius if I can use one of there newish Gen24plus units with a battery but tat is not looking good either, Such a shame Victron don't support series inverters as that would solve the issue for me and loads of others.

Cheers

Dave

2 |3000

David Gould avatar image
David Gould answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Thinking outside the box a bit because I don't hold up much hope on the old BYD batteries. I presume a Victron Skylla-TG IP21 Battery Charger 48V/50A/230V on the output of a Quattro to charge a new set of batteries, some losses I agree but at present there is a huge amount of energy wasted. An additional inverter could then run some non critical loads from this like water heater, hot tub etc.

I would love to know why Victron don't support the output of one Quattro being be fed into the input of another with the second Quattro set not to export, people seem to have done this and say it works

Thanks

Dave

2 |3000