question

simi-mitrache avatar image
simi-mitrache asked

Can i conect in parallel multiplus 1,6 kw with huawei 4kw?

Hello community

I have a sistem from victron with: multiplus 21/1600/40-16, mppt 150/45 Tr victron and a gerbo gx; 4 PV 375 W Luxor; a battery 2,5kw. This sitem is hybrid, whithout injection.

This sistem is to small for my autonomi. Can I put an invertor Huawei 4kw in parallel and connect another maybe 4 PV?

If is posible, what configuration i have to do to multiplus and huawei and how/where can I find this settings.

p.s. I have already read this https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start?fbclid=IwAR0J-dOjkuo62R_Gtl4Hvb32KDHXG7P6yEwYnrfd_HX5LjdAvp_YH93F0JU

Have a good day. Thank you!

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

AC coupling before the Multi (ACin) is of no problem. Grid fails the inverter stops - no AC on ACin - critical loads powered by ACout1

Make sure the existing Multi is not "overpowered" when grid fails - splitt the loads.

This may require a zero feed in capable system / inverter.

Note - 2Kw/p PV is not going to do much with your autonomy. Your base load is probably already covered - rather invest in bat capacity.

So peak load is covered by grid - Rest including load shift to night time is covered by bat.

As I dont know your grid demands I can only guess - I would probably install 2 450W pannels and a microinverter AC coupled to power base loads during the day and at least double the bat to 5Kw/h.

This may trigger small grid feed if bat is full and no demand - if that is permissable in your location? If not a bit more electronic is needed.

https://emea.apsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/APsystems_EMEA_WhitePaper_Export-limiting-functions-with_Microinverters_2017_P.pdf

This would give a much smoother usage curve and get you nearer full autonomy.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic