question

dldvision avatar image
dldvision asked

Two Independent Inverters connected to one Cerbo GX

Just confirming that Victron Energy inverters do not support the common North American 50 amp service RV without reconfiguring the system whenever the system input changes:

• L1 and L2 off (no shore power and generator off)
  • L1 and L2 in phase (generator, 20 amp, or 30 amp service)
  • L1 and L2 split phase 180 (50 amp split phase service)

Adding a "Split Phase (independent)" would solve the problem or enhancing "Split Phase (Floating)" to also handle 0. Because there are almost never 240VAC devices in an RV, the phase of L1 and L2 is irrelevant as long as the RV is wired with a double neutral between the inverters and the breaker box to avoid overloading the neutral.

As best I can determine, my best option is to connect one inverter (L1) to the Cerbo GX and use a Bluetooth dongle for the second inverter (L2) so I can at least monitor it from my phone.

Victron Energy: If you are listening, you would sell more dual inverter systems if you handled this common situation more easily.

Looking for any options better than reconfiguring the system each time the input changes.

System Details: 44' Class A motorhome, 5000 watts of solar panels on the roof, 31KWhs of lithium batteries (8 x 3.87 KWh 48VDC batteries), dual Quattro 48/5000 inverters, SmartShunt 500A/50mV Battery Shunt, and SmartSolar MPPT 250/100-Tr VE.Can Solar Charge Controller

Any assistance or advice sincerely appreciated!

multiplus ve.busmultiplus in parallelmultiple inverterssplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers