question

please-help-me avatar image
please-help-me asked

We can not get a generator to charge our batteries

Hi team

We are having trouble getting a generator to charge our batteries

We have two multiplus 48/5000/70 inverter chargers Wired in parallel and as soon as we try to charge the batteries it trips the generators circuits

In all our paper work it says we need at least a constant 8kva generator but my concern is that 8kva per inverter charger?? So perhaps a 16kva generator is needed???

We have a 12kva and it just trips I have tried several generators with similar power ratings and same outcome… we bought our system through commodore Australia but they don’t have any support on the weekends it would seam

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Try turning down the maximum charge current on the inverters. Also consider any other load that you may have on the generator and make sure you give it a chance to warm up (just to be on the safe side).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

please-help-me avatar image please-help-me commented ·
Hi Sarah

How would I turn down the maximum charge current?? Is that through the vittron app?

I only have view only on this and the company I bought it from is admin and has the change rights?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah avatar image Sarah please-help-me commented ·

You can do it through VEConfigure or VictronConnect. For now, if you can, I would suggest wait until you can get onto the people who installed the system and see what they have to say.t The app that you have view rights to sounds like VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·