question

not-a-hard-question-to-answer avatar image
not-a-hard-question-to-answer asked

Question about accuracy of the Voltage meters in Victron MPPT's and Smart Battery Sense?

Answering these questions should help other Victron users who notice voltage variances on their Victron equipment gauge whether there could be an issue, or whether what they're seeing is considered normal.

1) What is the Volatge metering accuracy of both the internal MPPT and Smart Battery Sense Voltage meters?

2) What is the voltage meter model/part number and manufacturer?

3) How can one be sure they're accurate if they aren't calibrated/checked every year like digital multimerers need to be, especially after 1 year?

4) Testing of equipment is a waste of time if you're not using a guaranteed in spec digital multimeter, Correct?

5) What is the minimum accuracy of a digital multimeter for a reading to be considered "correct" and/or accurate?

voltagebattery system voltageaccuracy
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Hi @Hates Spam == @Not a hard question to answer

You came here to be rude and insult us, and you figured changing your name would clear the slate?

Just return your equipment and go away.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

not-a-hard-question-to-answer avatar image not-a-hard-question-to-answer commented ·

Yay, it seems I can finally reply to you since someone put my account on hold and I couldnt earlier.

Why am I not suprised you're not even going to attempt to answer questions which would help other users of this "community" - This is exactly the sort of help I got int"the other thread" and you wonder why I was blunt in my replies to you and the others, who like to waste peoples time, provide vague information and/or criticise them for the fact they don't have access to a very expensive FLUKE DMM.

Thanks for nothing Elvis!

Luckily, I asked these questions a second time and got actual answers from people willing to help vs those who don't ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Fra avatar image Fra not-a-hard-question-to-answer commented ·

VICTRON Mppt are one of more accurate on the market. A lot of comparison confirm that.

In my system the readings of 4 different components are incredibly accurate for waht they are.

A 100/30 Mppt, a smartshunt, a another brand expensive shunt, a battery sense, a good tester.

The battery current of Mppt is the same with the 2 schunts with an error of 0.02A!!!

The mppts battery voltage in some different conditions is with an error of 0.01v respect to tester and smartshunt.

The battery sense the same. 0.01v with the tester and smartshunt.

The accuracy of renogy mppts is a lot worst than victron.

The accuracy of epever mppts is good but with an error respect to tester or shunt of 0.05v and 0.2A.

Worst than victron.

The accuracy of the principal Mppt competitors are worst than victron.

Morningstar specifie the accuracy on theyr Mppt prostar only for voltage..and is 0.1% +- 0.05v.

Something worst of waht I notice on my victron Mppt respect to my tester.

Another thing: victron is (I think) the only small/mid power Mppt thath can work in network with a accurate schunt to improve the accuracy an a industrial level .

Smartshunt have 0.3% of accuracy at any voltage. And is a very good value for this type of product!

And 0.4% for any current. It say, also with 200A.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic