question

i-connect avatar image
i-connect asked

Mppt 100/30 not visible in connect app

Hi, Just installed my new system, mppt100/30 connected to a 12v lifepo battery.

I started with connecting the battery, bulk led flashes slowly, mppt is not discovered in the victron connect app.

Connected the solar array and mppt is charging, still not discovered in app.

Tried removing all power (both battery and solar array) and reconnected again, same issue.

Tried another phone, same issue.

I also have a smart shunt and that one is visible and can be connected to.

Any tips or is this a hw issue in the (brand new) mppt?

Thx, jeroen

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

BluesSolar MPPT? It does not have Bluetooth.

SmartSolar MPPT has Bluetooth.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Also, don't connect the PV array to the MPPT until you made the correct settings.
0 Likes 0 ·
i-connect avatar image
i-connect answered ·

Damn, that's stupid, it is indeed a bluesolar, so I did not look into that well enough, not sure where that went wrong in my head probably "blue" in the name just made me assume it would have bluetooth....

Why do they even sell with and without bt, price difference is only around 20 eur...

Anyways, thx for letting me know, saves a lot of trying and searching

So I will need to get a ve-direct to usb cable to make the settings...

Thx!

1 comment
2 |3000

Besides the VE.Direct-USB cable/interface, there is also the VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle option. Choose one depending on the device you want to connect to it (PC via that cable or phone via Bluetooth).

It can also be configured via a GX device, but that is expensive and not feasible for small systems.

Try to return the BlueSolar and get a SmartSolar instead.

0 Likes 0 ·
i-connect avatar image
i-connect answered ·

Or probably setting the rotary switch to 7 (for lifepo) is enough configuration, so no need for the ve direct cable....

1 comment
2 |3000

In theory, that should work, but it's risky to trust only that, without any confirmation. For instance the battery voltage should be auto detected, but what if something goes wrong? You can't see the actual settings. And also the default settings might not be optimal.

Also no way to update the firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources