question

jeepcamper avatar image
jeepcamper asked

Orion Tr Smart parallel diagram and/or documentation location

Does anyone know where to find documentation about wiring two Orion TR Smart 12/30 units in parallel to provide a 60+ amp charge?

I’ve been scouring the Internet to no avail. I’ve also read the online TR manuals.

Of course, I can take a guess at wiring them in parallel and configuring the app settings….but would much prefer some documentation.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

orion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

There is nothing special. Just make sure all cables are of the same length so that the resistance is the same. Maybe use a large cable from your main negative / positive bus bar to the location of the DC/DC and then use short pigtails I to the units. Remember to fuse the cables appropriately as well.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@JeepCamper

As above. If your existing cabling is good enough, you can mount the second controller next to the first and simply bridge across terminal for terminal.

Also check your alternator output. Alternators are rated at peak output, which is great for short periods, but for longer periods like charging a big, depleted leisure battery, better to stay well under that. About 50% is a rule of thumb, including other loads like lights...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources