I am planning to build an expedition vehilce powerded by Victron components. The truck is a 1988 Mercedes Benz NG 1428 AF with a 24V/140A alternator.
I have already ordered the following components:
- 2 x LiFePO4 battery 25,6V/200Ah Smart
- 3 x Victron Energy Solar Module 360W-24V Mono 1956x992x45 mm, series 4a
- SmartSolar MPPT 100/50
- MultiPlus 24/5000/120-100
- VE.Bus BMS
- Smart BatteryProtect 12/24V-220A (for the DC consumer side)
- BMV 712 Smart Batterie-Monitor
- Interface MK3-USB (VE.Bus to USB)
- VE.Bus Smart dongle
Obviously, I want to charge my battries by 230V AC using the MultiPlus, using solar and using the vehicle alternator.
Now the following questions arised:
1. Should I use a B2B Charger like the Buck Boost or is it sufficient to use a Cyrix-Li-ct in my setup (no EURO 5/6)? Do I need a BatteryProtect on the charge side? Which sizes of the components are best?
2. Can I use the MultiPlus to charge my starter battries? How?
3. Is it recommended to use an 24V/24V Orion for normal DC comsumers like LED lighting and a Waeco fridge or can they be connected directly? Should i use an isulated or un-insulated version of an Orion in case needed?
4. I have some 12V DC consumers like a roof fan. Should i use an isulated or un-insulated version of an Orion to power them?
5. What's the advantage of using a Lynx Distributor vs. a normal Blue Sea distributor?
Thank's so much for your help in advance!!!