question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.90~14 available for testing

Good evening, we released v2.90~14 as a candidate to test just now.

Few changes only compared to v2.90~12, all in the developers/tinkerers corner:

1. Venus OS large: SignalK: Fix group permissions (allowing access to USB dongles)
  2. Add support for rpi zero 2w
  3. Re-enable building the Debian packages
  4. Prepare for new variant of Cerbo GX hardware

Iā€™ll add information about earlier of v2.90 changes later, for now see here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/138776/venus-os-v29012-available-for-testing.html

wishing you a good night.

Matthijs

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mianfrar avatar image mianfrar commented Ā·

Hello I have version 2.90-14 large installed. I updated from 2.72 large because there was a problem with the louisvdw bms driver that was fixed in the latest versions of the driver. As a meter I have the Carlo Gavazzi EM-111 (if the 111, not the 112), the problem is that sometimes it measures with a changed sign and it is solved with a restart, before that did not happen and I do not know if it will be from this version or from another previous. Is there evidence of incompatibilities with this counter? I have entered the counter configuration with the Carlo Gavazzi software and it does not matter if I put the configuration A or B since Venus changes it even by putting a different access code.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
13 Answers
dereppsteiner avatar image
dereppsteiner answered Ā·

1655482142879.jpgagain no bluetooth in the menu and no device display and dont ruuvi sensors.... !!!! also not after reboot.1655482142933.jpg1655482142946.jpg1655482142898.jpg1655482142908.jpg1655482142919.jpg

12 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ā™¦ commented Ā·

Ist ein externer Bluetooth dongle angesteckt oder wird das interne Modul genutzt? Es ist ein bekanntes Hardware Problem, das das interne Bluetooth Modul nicht so gut funktioniert und daher wird empfohlen einen externen Dongle zu nutzen.

Da es ein Hardware Problem ist, wird sich das auch mit weiteren FW Updates nicht Ƥndern.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image dereppsteiner Matthias Lange - DE ā™¦ commented Ā·

everything was fine up to FW 2.85 and now you have to buy an additional usb dongle? serious ?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ā™¦ dereppsteiner commented Ā·
Das Problem mit dem internen Bluetooth Modul gibt es theoretisch schon immer, ist aber erst seit Implementierung der Ruuvi UnterstĆ¼tzung wirklich sichtbar geworden.

Daher wird seitdem fĆ¼r eine stabile Bluetooth Verbindung ein externer Bluetooth dongle empfohlen.

Das sollte auch nichts mit FW Updates zu tun haben, um das zu testen, kannst du ja auch einfach noch mal auf 2.85 zurĆ¼ck gehen.

Es handelt sich dabei um ein Temperaturproblem, was eine InstabilitƤt der Bluetooth-Verbindung zur Folge hat.

1 Like 1 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image dereppsteiner Matthias Lange - DE ā™¦ commented Ā·

danke dir fĆ¼r diese erklƤrung.

1.) gibt es denn eine empfehlung welche usb sticks oder dongle mit dem GX gerƤt kompatibel sind und zuverlƤssig arbeiten und ist es wichtig zu wissen welches USB Port am GX GerƤt zu nutzen ist?

2.) was das FW update betrifft. ich habe v2.85 und v2.87 getestet. bei beiden funktionieren die BT Ruuvi Sensoren ohne Probleme.

erst bei 2.90 fehlt der Reiter BT in den einstellungen gƤnzlich im MenĆ¼ und dadurch werden die Ruuvi Sensoren auch nicht angezeigt.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
gregoryx avatar image gregoryx dereppsteiner commented Ā·
I have the same problem. But even two different (approved) external BT dongles are still going online/offline as you see in your case. It appears to be related to heat. Ours come back online most nights and go away late morning.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
gregoryx avatar image gregoryx gregoryx commented Ā·
FYI... moved my USB dongle from the end port to the middle port and working since.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image dereppsteiner commented Ā·

also ich habe es nun verstanden das ich einen externen usb BT dongle brauche. dennoch stellt sich mir die frage, warum der reiter fĆ¼r BT in den einstellungen fehlt.

weiterhin beschƤftigt mich die frage,was machen hunderte cerbo gx nutzer die hier nicht mitlesen dann mit ihren ruuvi sensoren wenn sie mit der neuen release FW nicht mehr funktionieren?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Markus avatar image Markus dereppsteiner commented Ā·
Hallo

Hatte letzten beim Update auf 2.87 das dort das MenĆ¼ weg war und so mein beiden Ruuvi`s weg waren und auch das BT MenĆ¼ gefehlt hatte. Ein erneutes Starten der 2.86 und dann update auf 2.87 brachte Erfolg, ich nutze einen Raspi 3B.

GruƟ Markus

1 Like 1 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image dereppsteiner Markus commented Ā·

ich habe mir jetzt folgenden usb stick gekauft und auch mit v2.90~14 funktionieren die ruuvi sensoren.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B015C3JM62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
I had my bluetooth disappear last night for the first time ever. Running v2.90~14 on Cerbo. Downgraded to v2.87 and bluetooth was back. Went back to v2.90~14 and no bluetooth. So there is definitely something different in v2.90~14 that is making bluetooth drop out that is not present in v2.87.

This does seem to be related to temperature. After the temperature dropped a bit, rebooting Cerbo brought back the bluetooth. Seems like a reboot is necessary.

What I'd like to know if the changes were to help protect Cerbo from overheating. If not, Victron please work to back out whatever changes are causing this.

BTW, I also tried v2.90~18 from the testing feed and it's the same as v2.90~14.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
Iā€™m having the same issue. It just started. I canā€™t seem to get BT back however. Pretty warm here so Iā€™ll see if it comes back when it cools off like seems to be reported.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
eappel avatar image
eappel answered Ā·

Hi @Matthias Lange - DE

Is it possible to resize root to be larger or move the big folders in /user/lib such as /usr/lib/node_modules to /data?

Root is only 1GB and this folder is quite large. Was able to fill root very quickly adding some additional libraries

du -d1 /usr/lib -h

3 comments
2 |3000

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented Ā·

@eappel It is possible. Take a look at this link which has a section about preventing running out of disk space.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
eappel avatar image eappel bathnm commented Ā·

Thanks @Bathnm but am suggesting that the default / be increased in the default new large install as / is already 91% after first boot and node install

root@raspberrypi4:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 1.1G 942.8M 94.8M 91% /

devtmpfs 1.8G 4.0K 1.8G 0% /dev

tmpfs 1.9G 872.0K 1.9G 0% /run

tmpfs 1.9G 496.0K 1.9G 0% /var/volatile

/dev/mmcblk0p1 41.2M 21.8M 19.4M 53% /u-boot

/dev/mmcblk0p4 9.9G 89.0M 9.3G 1% /data

tmpfs 1.9G 872.0K 1.9G 0% /service

Will save a lot of support calls

1 Like 1 Ā·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ eappel commented Ā·

Did you actually read the mentioned page? Particularly this part: "

To expand it, run /opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/resize2fs.sh. It will expand the filesystem to use all of the available space.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered Ā·

be74d6ad-1217-478b-839d-767377546b8f.jpeg55325ec5-3c20-4a28-af01-9a457b3f0931.jpegB&G Zeus2 12" is showing the Victron app, but screen is only white. The B&G is updated with the latest firmware. Both devices are wired.

Edit: Found a explanation and fix at the https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/134947/venus-os-v2908-available-for-testing.html
Will try out ..

Edit2: Following explanation provided by @Martin (Victron Energy) was working like a charm. Thanks alot:

A legacy MFD setting is not an option for us, but there is another way. Since the html5-app is open source, you can download an older version and install this on your GX device since Venus v2.80. Download version 1.7.0 (v2.x.y is not working with Zeus2), unzip the venus-html5-app.tar.gz, create a www folder and rename the dist folder to app and move the app folder to www, so it look like attached picture. Then zip the www folder to venus-data.zip and put the file on a SD card or USB stick and reboot. Then this version will be installed. This will survive firmware updates, so you can use an older version of the html5 app with a newer Venus version. Some internals might have changed, so I don't know if everything is working as expected, but it's worth a try.

1654161761148.png

2 |3000

Igor Sarychkin avatar image
Igor Sarychkin answered Ā·

Hi there,

Unable to update to 2.90~14 Large RPi3 from 2.90~8 Large either online or via USB with a swu file - error checking and image not found on USB. Downgrading to a normal image or pre 2.90 Large via USB is fine. Is there an archive of older 2.90 Large RPi3 images to try installing via USB and then upgrade? Thanks very much.

2 comments
2 |3000

@Igor Sarychkin Please see the release notes for for 2.90~12 here. Due too some changes to the root partition to upgrade the kernel and other boot components it is necessary to re-image the. key part is of the release notes is

• NOTE: Reflashing the SD-Card is required: to go from a prior version, ie v2.90~10 or early like v2.86 or even earlier, to v2.90~12 or later, you'll need to reflash the SD-Card. This change has been done such that Pis already running will not auto-update themselves to v2.90~12 or later. As an alternative, you might be able to extract the new boot files from the new image, and copy them accross; nobody tested this as far as I know.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Igor Sarychkin avatar image Igor Sarychkin bathnm commented Ā·
bummer... But thanks for a quick answer, @Bathnm
0 Likes 0 Ā·
lennycb avatar image
lennycb answered Ā·

hello @mvader (Victron Energy)

With the update, my HDMI screen no longer turns off.

Up to 2.90~10 it still worked perfectly.

I noticed that as of 2.90~12 the directory

/sys/class/graphics/fb0

points to an empty directory

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:fb/graphics/fb0

in 2.90~ the file was blank, which caused the screen to go dark (has nothing to do with the backlight)

Can this be fixed quickly?

I would like to switch from the 2.90~10 to the 2.90~14 because I think the correction (Fix ESS system feed-in switch) is great.

Many Thanks!

13 comments
2 |3000

@lenny.cb Please check if a specific overlay was being loaded via the /u-boot/config.txt file on the 2.90~10 install.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
lennycb avatar image lennycb bathnm commented Ā·

the two config.txt files are the same in 2.90~10 and 2.90~14.

To test, I replaced the entire "overlays" folder with the 2.90~10 folder.

That was also unsuccessful. The folder

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:fb/graphics/fb0

remains empty.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
bathnm avatar image bathnm lennycb commented Ā·
I do not have an HDMI display on my RPI4 so am unable to test. Which display do you have as there are multiples out there, and they potentially have different configurations. Something to google would be any differences between the two kernel version, pre 2.90~12 was 4.19 and 2.90~12 and later is 5.10.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
lennycb avatar image lennycb bathnm commented Ā·

I have this. But you can't really find much about it.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/JRP7002-B-1024-600-IPS-LCD_1600144009226.html

unfortunately I'm not that deep into the matter to be able to deal with kernel differences.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·

Screen blanking is not working for me either. It does on Venus OS v2.90~11 and earlier but not on v2.90~14

In v2.90~14:

In my case, /sys/class/graphics/fb0 points to a non-empty directory, but /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank can not be written

Raspberry PI 4 v1.2 board. No overlays in /u-boot/overlays other than the stock ones, only HDMI setup in config.txt

0 Likes 0 Ā·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold Kevin Windrem commented Ā·

v. 2.90-12

Screen saver on/off works on both hdmi0 and hdmi1 with this command.

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank

fb0 does not work

0 Likes 0 Ā·
lennycb avatar image lennycb johnny-brusevold commented Ā·

hi @Johnny Brusevold,

unfortunately the solution (workaround) is not practicable in the long run.

short explanation:

--> to 2.90~10

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

--> Result: Screen content is black, background lighting is still weak

--> from 2.90~12

--> Result: Screen content is black, background lighting is still weak to see, a pictogram (see appendix) "NO SIGNAL" also appears, which moves to the HDMI.

Since there is currently no way to control the backlight on most HDMIs, it was still okay with the weak backlight up to 2.90~10.

The "NO SIGNAL" is currently hissing through the picture, which again represents "indirect lighting".

20220623-102706.jpg

I have to say that I use the display in the mobile home and it's annoying when it lights up at night.

Do you maybe have the possibility to do a fork with the old kernel (from the 2.90) and the ESS fix? Almost as a temporary workaround.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold lennycb commented Ā·

This was mostly to show that fb0 and fb1 have switched in newer images.

I have tested 2 different affordable HDMI monitors and also get 'no sgnal' for 5 seconds before the monitor go into powersave. On the third monitor (very cheap) the monitor does not go into powersave mode, and I get glare from the backlight.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

do you have any links to these 2 monitors?

I would also be interested to know how long it takes for them to wake up after a touch.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

There are a couple of older hdmi standard displays supplied by a Norwegian company called Tandberg.

Now also tested with a Samsung screen and all 3 take about 2 seconds to resume from sleep.

I have been looking at a waterproof industry 13 "screen from China, with 10 point touch I plan to order. Costs around Ā£ 350. You can find them on Ali X.

I think all monitors that follow HDMI 1.4 (2009) standard or newer can work well

0 Likes 0 Ā·

I think Ā£350 is too much! Is it gold plated?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

@lenny.cb

If you have not already figured it out, you can edit kwindrem's RpiDisplaySetup before installing it

/data/RpiDisplaySetup/setup and replace fb0 with fb1 and everything should work as normal. At least it works fine here

from

"HDMI 0")
            blankDevice="/sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank"
            dimDevice=""
            ;;
        "HDMI 1")
            blankDevice="/sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank"
            dimDevice=""

to

"HDMI 0")
            dimDevice=""
            ;;
        "HDMI 1")
            dimDevice=""
0 Likes 0 Ā·

I know "RpiDisplaySetup" from kwindrem. I've been using that for a while too.

I outlined it above in my original problem description. The HDMI functions of the two kernels are slightly different.

once again as a reminder:

--> up to 2.90~10

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

--> Result: Screen content is black, background lighting is still weak

I would like to have it that way again, because my HDMI shows this pictogram in standby, which is really annoying at night in the mobile home.

--> from 2.90~12

--> Result: Screen content is black, background lighting is still weak, a pictogram (see appendix) "NO SIGNAL" also appears, which migrates to the HDMI.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
drizzt321 avatar image
drizzt321 answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) Just got a RPi Zero 2 W, trying to get this to run on it. I downloaded `venus-image-raspberrypi4-20220616130540-v2.90~14.rootfs.wic.gz` from http://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/candidate/images/raspberrypi4/, wrote it to mSD card with Rufus. When it boots, I just get a screen with some colors, and it just sits there. Nothing when I use the Victron app to scan on Bluetooth.

Any thoughts?

11 comments
2 |3000

lennycb avatar image lennycb commented Ā·

@Drizzt321

does not have to be that the Zero works.

From the version description:

Possibly the RaspberryPi Zero2w works now also; and the RaspberryPI4 Compute Module.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
drizzt321 avatar image drizzt321 lennycb commented Ā·

@lenny.cb from the OP description above

3. Add support for rpi zero 2w

Now I get it's not in stable, but I'd think I'd at least get something to boot and be able to run commands or something to troubleshoot any hardware issues. Instead I get no interface of any kind to be able to attempt to setup/troubleshoot anything.

Any kind of debug settings that you know of, that I could modify on the FS on my desktop, and then boot with?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold drizzt321 commented Ā·

@Drizzt321

Since I only test new versions, I can not keep up to date on which victron-energy's versions in production support which pi's. But I make my own that you can test until the developer/release versions are publicly announced.

PIzero2w

0 Likes 0 Ā·
bathnm avatar image bathnm johnny-brusevold commented Ā·
@Johnny Brusevold Is the 2.90~14 beta working on your PI Zero 2W's. It is built using the same build process as you tested earlier in Jun.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
lennycb avatar image lennycb drizzt321 commented Ā·

Unfortunately, no. That's beyond my knowledge.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
@Drizzt321 I am so sorry this is not working or you and you have run into trouble. The team working with Victron to integrate VenusOS onto the newer boards do not personally have a Pi Zero2W to actually test on, so relay on the community to test and provide feedback. Prior to the 2.90~14 release @Johnny Brusevold was kind enough to help with the testing and identify the changes needed. These then got integrated into the 2.90~14 beta release.

It is sounding very much like the board is not booting. This could be for any number of reasons. Without more detailed information from a serial console, it is difficult to know what has caused the issue. It could be that the WiFi and Bluetooth have not initialised, it could be something more. Do you have a USB ethernet adapter you could plug in to see if it will connect to the network that way, and then access the remote console. Another option would be to hook up a serial interface. This link may help with getting the serial console working.

If you can get further with one of those methods please do post outputs and we can see what can be done.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented Ā·

@Drizzt321

You use the wrong image, you should use the image for pi2, not for pi4

0 Likes 0 Ā·
drizzt321 avatar image drizzt321 johnny-brusevold commented Ā·

Oh, I see. Nowhere on https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/raspberrypi-install-venus-image does it explicitly say that. "Raspberry Pi Zero 2W as well as the Pi 4 - board rev 1.4 and 1.5" implies, to me, that they should use the same image (RPi 4 image), rather than they use separate images.

@Bathnm it'd be nice to update that documentation to make it clear Zero 2 W uses an RPi2 image.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
bathnm avatar image bathnm drizzt321 commented Ā·
@Drizzt321 Yes it could be clearer, but likewise it doesn't say for the RPI3 that the image to use is the PI2 image. I have made a few modifications to the page, so hope that helps future people.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
drizzt321 avatar image drizzt321 bathnm commented Ā·

@Bathnm Yeah, a good bit clearer now, thanks. Although could be useful to link to the candidates/beta releases, since it just says "See Venus OS beta test page" and expects us to search for it. But I suppose not truly required.

BTW, for OS updates, what's the process when running it on an RPi? If I just flash an updated image, it'll nuke any configuration/stored data.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
@Drizzt321 You can upgrade through the UI. In the firmeware menu there are update options for over the internet or by placing the upgrade on a USB stick and inserting that into a USB socket. As this is standard VenusOS it would be worthing looking at the manual. Chapter 6 covers the firmeware update
0 Likes 0 Ā·
drizzt321 avatar image
drizzt321 answered Ā·

@Bathnm So Chicago Electric has some RPi Zero 2 W kits in stock, last I checked, I'd happily buy a kit and ship one for ya'll so someone over there has a Zero 2 W to test with.

Don't have a USB Ethernet handy, haven't really needed one.

Tried the Serial console, as well as adding the wpa_supplicant.conf/ssh files onto the boot partition, none of that worked. I get a few random non-ASCII bytes when I plug in, and that's it. I tried flashing a current Raspbian, and got serial output (and on my WiFi) just fine.

Just tried the 2.90~12 from @Johnny Brusevold from his GDrive link, and it starts booting up apparently just fine. Get serial console output, and while the WiFi (based on the console access poking around) doesn't seem to be up/enabled by default, I do see it on BT, and can connect and change the PIN.

Seems like everything is there and running, but because I don't have any of my Victron stuff here (all in my trailer), I can't connect VE.Direct for anything.

Can I also connect it to the VE.Smart network as well? Since my AC charger and OrionTr only have that, and no VE.Direct.

4 comments
2 |3000

@Drizzt321 that is very kind. If you send me an email (mark at baggywrinkle dot co dot uk) I can sort out postal address.

Regarding VE.Smart networking. That will not work.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
@Bathnm that's a shame about VE.Direct, too bad. But at least I have the BMV setup.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
VE.Direct will go in as long as you have a VE.Direct <> USB cable. Having the VenusOS join a VESmart networking via Bluetooth is not possible.
0 Likes 0 Ā·

I've got the correct connectors and a isolated USB->Serial and going to connect that way. So I've got the cabling part handled for the SmartSolar and BMV VE.Direct.

Why isn't VE.Smart available? It's just BT, right? Obviously you need to send/receive the right data, but I'd think it's just your own protocol running on top of BT Serial/UART or BTLE, which it does support. Or is it some features of BT 5+ that you need for that?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
blue-jeans avatar image
blue-jeans answered Ā·

I innocently bought a Raspberry Pi 4 which is a rev 1.4 to remotely monitor my Victron solar stuff. Only to find rev 1.4 won't run Venus at the moment. I have loaded pre release software 2.9 14 which actually runs and my router can now actually see the Pi (a big step forward). Both PC and Pi are connected via ethernet to the router, however when I try via venus.local or the Pi's IP address to communicate with the Pi on my PC I get "Remote console, Failed to connect. Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot the device." I suppose is could be a bug in the software or is there something else I can do? Thanks.

2 comments
2 |3000

Do you still have issues? Have you checked going to the IP address the route assigned the device rather than Venus.local?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
blue-jeans avatar image blue-jeans bathnm commented Ā·
I have managed to get it to run now but not sure what I did. I did get the IP address from my router which at first did not work, however I plugged in a monitor and keyboard and on advice ran 'ifconfig' which showed another IP address, I tried that but still nothing, however when I tried the IP address again displayed by the router it worked! I cant remember if I am running Large or the other one and don't know the difference but at least it works... Thanks
0 Likes 0 Ā·
dereppsteiner avatar image
dereppsteiner answered Ā·

there are details on Venus OS v2.90~16?screenshot-2022-07-04-174023.png

1 comment
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

No that is for Victron testing, but not in candidate yet. Candidate is at v2.90~14.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered Ā·

Hi all,

I'm running v2.90~14 (Large) on an Octo GX. With some minor things in NodeRed.

Maybe it is a coincidence maybe not, but I'm facing now the issue that the GX device is not accessible through network a few times per day for the duration of minutes to a few hours. Currently the Octo GX is connected via WiFi. Despite reboot on no VRM connection is activated it takes sometimes many hours to come back online.

Thus, in the beginning I was thinking my Internet provider is sometimes hanging, but I investigated this in detail and I can sort it out by now. Internet and WiFi are good.

Has anyone experienced similar issues in connection with v2.90~14 or independently from the firmware version?

Best regards,

Matthias

2 |3000

simowilso avatar image
simowilso answered Ā·

Just a very quick note of thanks to the team here. I am first time RPi/Venus user and I have installed v2.90~14 and it is working flawlessly on my Rpi4/1.4 with Smartshunt 500 and Ruuvi tag

2 |3000

blue-jeans avatar image
blue-jeans answered Ā·

Well done everyone 2.9~14 running great on my Pi4 1.4. Thanks for all your hard work, talent and expertise. clipboard01.jpg

clipboard01.jpg (141.7 KiB)
2 |3000

blue-jeans avatar image
blue-jeans answered Ā·

My pi 4 1.4 is communicating successfully with VRM with 2.9~14. However the Pi drops communication with the BMV 712 and the MPPT Solar Charger about every 3 hours. Comms to VRM is still there but the icon of the MPPT disappears as does any readings. To establish comms to the Victron equipment cycling of the power to the Pi4 is necessary, it will then run perfectly for about another 3 hours.

2 |3000

Related Resources