question

simon-h avatar image
simon-h asked

Which Victron charger/inverter all in one or seperate?

I have 4 6v T-125 Trojan Deep Cycle batteries wired in series to create 2 x 12v 240ah banks plus one HD 12v cranking battery on my boat. I am changing the battery charger and also adding a 3kw inverter. Has anyone any suggestions as to which Victron product/s to look at. The shore power that we will be using is 16a 240v in the UK, I am thinking that the Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-32 230V is the way forward??

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Straight multiplus II 3000 sounds good. Not sure where the other number came from. USA model, perhaps.

But. Not sure how you can wire 12V batteries in series to get a 12V bank. Or are those Trojans 6V? And you'll have to treat all batteries as a single bank in parallel for wiring.

If you also want to charge the starter battery, I suggest adding an Orion TR Smart to provide the necessary isolation and independent charge control.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-h avatar image simon-h commented ·

The Trojans are 6v (I edited the first post to reflect that)

Ideal thanks for the input too :-) We already have and Adverc battery system would you replace that with the Orion TE Smart?

0 Likes 0 ·