question

timo-san avatar image
timo-san asked

Where did my Node-red flows go? after firmware update node red is empty

Just installed new firmware on my Cerbo GX, updated from 2.80~21-large-23 (20210925...) to v2.90~12 (20220606...) which is also LARGE firmware.

After update, my node-red flows are EMPTY!! and even when I tried to start from backup, the older firmware, still empty FLOWS... Is there any way to return those?

Should the firmware upgrade clear flows from node-red or did I experience some major bug? I understand that node-red is updated a few versions up, was it 2.0.5 and after update 2.2.2 or something like that, but is it meant to clear all flows? Where to get them back...

cerbo gxfirmware updateNode-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·
Just a tip for all. I have encountered this too, but my solution was to simply import my previously exported flow as I frequently back them up.

To back up, in the menu in node-red, click the three bars in the top-right corner, then click "Export". In the dialogue that appears, click "All flows" on the top and then "Download". Choose directory and filename.

To restore, just click "import" in the three-bar-menu and choose your previously exported file.

/MrHappy

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
kris avatar image
kris answered ·

I have the same problem .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

I can assure you that the flows have not been deleted, but have been moved. They used to reside in:

/data/home/root/.node-red/

On the latest update, we moved the user running node-red from root to its own user (nodered). This also means that we moved the files to:

/data/home/nodered/.node-red/

This does mean that going back to the stored backup firmware will not show the flows anymore. They are only available to the new firmware.

3 comments
2 |3000

timo-san avatar image timo-san commented ·
How to get them back in business? After firm update, flows are empty. Does I have to log in differently or import old ones somehow?
0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ timo-san commented ·

Just to be sure. If you want to run with firmware 2.90~12, everything should be setup right and you should be able to see your flows again via http://venus.local:1880. If that does not show the flows, I would like to take a closer look at your system to see what is going on.

If you want to run with firmware 2.80~21-large, you need to copy back the data from the new directory to the old one, but I would advice against that. That will leave you with two copies of the flows and all of the node_module files.

0 Likes 0 ·
timo-san avatar image timo-san Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
That was the case, i had 2.80 large and made some neat flows, used them for a while. Then updated to 2.9 large and poof everything was gone
0 Likes 0 ·
turpint avatar image
turpint answered ·

The flows will be stored in the . node-red in the profile directory of the user running node-red. The flow will be made up of 2 files: flows_[hostname].

2 |3000