question

dango-dango avatar image
dango-dango asked

Victron Bluesolar 100 20 - 3 second blue light blinking battery almost not charging

unfortunately i disabled the bluetooth a while ago and now waiting for the USB cable.

i am on a camping place somewhere in south portugal.

i have a new set of 2 batteries in parallel and the victron bluesolar 100 20

it was working absolutely fantastic and one day i realize the blue light is blinking and the battery is only being very very very minimally charged.

i have 300 W on the roof and on good days was receiving 260W (before i disabled the bluetooth)

a multimeter gives me 1.7 to 2V when the PV is connected and 20V when the PV is disconnect from the charger. the Battery is giving me 12.47 now 12.35 as its slowly dropping. ampere i cannot read as i blew the amper fuse in my multimeter on a different thing.

To me it seems that something is wrong the the PV but i went on the roof and everything seems like it was before. could it be that the PV blew a fuse because of heat or something?

if i remember correctly the blue light used to be almost always on not blinking every few seconds. the other lights are off

MPPT SmartSolarSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

if i remember correctly the blue light used to be almost always on not blinking every few seconds

Your blue bulk led blinking means the mppt is waiting for pv energy.

You seem to have a bad connection between the mppt and pv array. Please check your wiring, connectors, fuses and panels.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dango-dango avatar image dango-dango commented ·
i attached a two mobile solar panels and it works perfectly. so its definitely coming from the solar panels on the roof. do solar panels have fuses? i will check whether the wiring has inline fuse
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic