question

friaras avatar image
friaras asked

Setting parameters for Chins 100ah Lipo batteries with Smart Shunt and 150/35 MPPT controller.

20220612-112956.jpgChins Lipo batteries and Smart Shunt settings. I just got this shunt, 500A version, with BT, I requested setting parameters from the manufacturer but it was fairly basic and the Victron app don't have that specific setting, maybe 2 settings out of what they gave me. These are 3 chins Lipo, 100ah batteries in series, since I run a 36v nominal Power Wall. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as to what settings should I focus on, the shunt is working great, the BT range is fairly good, I have no issues with it. I would appreciate the assist. UPDATE: This is the information I was provided, I multiplied the specs for one battery by 3 to adjust voltages since they did the same for a 24 volt setup, hopefully this is the correct way. I also have the 150/35 MPPT controller and have research for parameters for these batteries but not much out there for a 36 volts setup. Theses batteries have a 100A BMS according to their information, I did a capacity test and got 110ah from them. In the smart shunt should I use 100ah as the battery capacity or 300ah since they are 100ah each? will I get the correct reading? As I mentioned above during the capacity test I ended up with 110ah according to the Smart Shunt history. I have included another picture of the shunts history maybe that will help. On the smart Shunt history it shows the starter battery voltage way up-there I'm not sure why that happened, but now 20220612-113105.jpgis showing 40.80 as I make this comment, maybe when the inverter shutdown due to a low voltage condition it did that. I read something about it elsewhere. I'm full of questions today but this is all new to me, sorry about that. On the other picture where is showing the charging status, the state of charge has remained 0% from 110ah to -88.1ah what is going on? the shunt is connected at the negative terminal of the batteries and then into a breaker, then the negative bus bar, seems to work fine during discharging cycle but during charging it has remained in 0%. I have the smart shunt battery capacity to 100ah, maybe that is why? I have added pictures of the charge controller with the current settings, again hopefully I can get all this to work together correctly. I also have the 12v 3 outputs 30 amp charger but basically left the settings as they came, I think the only setting I changed was the charging voltage if I remember correctly and I forgot to take a picture of the history but it charged up the batteries w/o issues, when I connected all 3 of them in series there were no sparks and their voltage was exactly the same. 20220611-192625.jpg 20220611-191612.jpgchins-batteries-specs-cropped.jpg

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
It would help a lot if you post the specs you do have for the batteries. Capacity, as well as charging. Is there a BMS?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Are you sure its not a LifePo4 battery?

Good luck getting info from Chins.

If so, Here is a similar battery that has Victron settings.

Maybe it can get you in the ball park

https://www.currentconnected.com/product/sok-100/#tab-charger-inverter-settings

Click the Settings tab

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.