question

punda avatar image
punda asked

Virtual load output when the sun is shining

Hello,

I see there are several other posts regarding the same subject, that we want load output only when the sun is shining. I’m writing another posts as my user case is slightly different, and I hope that Victron listens to the users on this forum. The other posts show that there is no solution provided from Victron, its all workarounds.

For the user defined parameters for virtual load ouput, the user can only define the voltage for the battery, not for the panels. Should be an easy tweak to allow definition of panel voltage as well?

The streetlight function lets us define panel voltage for turning the virtual load output on/off, but only between sunset and sunrise. It should be a simple tweak to provide the option to turn it on between sunrise and sunset?

Battery Protectvirtual switch
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
You can do this with a relay. No change needed.
0 Likes 0 ·
punda avatar image punda kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Great, how?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ punda commented ·
Use something like an arduino to measure the output voltage of the mppt. Once it rises above float voltage, switch relay on, once it drops below float voltage, relay off. Not perfect, but close enough.
0 Likes 0 ·
punda avatar image punda kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Sure, there are always workarounds, for instance I could buy equipment from a completely different manufacturor that provides this functionality. But I think Victron should consider users needs when designing their products, unless they want to end up like Kodak and Nokia.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources