question

green-monster avatar image
green-monster asked

VRM login issues "Invalid Credentials"

I can only log on to VRM portal using my main computer and I can see my system remotely from my house, but when I try to log into vrm.victronenergy.com using the same name and password on ANY different computer or phone, I get a popup red box that says "invalid credentials." I am using Windows 10 laptops and and Android phone with current software. I am not using the 2FA because that looks like it could be even more of an issue.

I tried the alternate email address 'solution' (creating a second email and using gmail to authenticate) and was able to log in via my android phone, but it worked for only ONE day; now I cannot use it with my phone to see my system remotely anymore, which is the whole reason why I upgraded to the Cerbo GX, to have remote access.

I can be on the same wireless network that accesses the internet that my system Cerbo GX is connected to, or I could be separately using the Phones data connection and accessing it from a completely different IP route and address, but I still get the same issue with the "invalid credentials." I'm not doing it at the same time my main computer is logged in. I can access the GX via bluetooth or it's internal WiFi (which I had to shut off as it was disconnecting from the local wifi when this was turned on).

I got one response from Guy for my initial post here and he said he'd follow up because this shouldn't be happening, but it has been about a week now and I still can't remotely access the system from my phone. Other commenters have said they have no issues, but I can't figure out what I'm doing that is any different.

I wish there was a phone/email/person I could contact about this issue, as it is VERY frustrating and while my dealer can help with equipment issues, but cannot help with login issues to Victron's VRM site.

And this is going to become a much bigger problem if I ever have to change my main computer.

VRMvrm advanced
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nilocr avatar image nilocr commented ·
I have exactly the same problems. Colin
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
nilocr avatar image
nilocr answered ·

My problem is that I converted from a colour controller on which I created a vrm portal login. It worked on both phone and computer. I then changed to a Cerbo controller and first signed in on the phone and worked. It now rejects me on the computer. I recently tried to login to my account on a second phone and it gave the Invalid Credentials message. What do I do to have visibility on PC and two separate phones. Help please.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

green-monster avatar image
green-monster answered ·

Still no response from Victron. Still get "Invalid Credentials' if I try to log into my vrm account from ANY other computer or mobile phone other than my initial signup computer. I do not have 2 factor authentication on and I have made sure only password protection is on. I have noticed that I can access a "halfway" authorized guest account only if I follow the initial secondary guest access link provided by my 2nd email address, but only from using the direct html code, not if I try to log in using a generic vrm web page. And I can't change any setting's or interact with anything.

Very Frustrating for both of us who are encountering this.

2 |3000

aly avatar image
aly answered ·

Just fired up our victron setup, with multiplus, 1 solar charger, lynx distributer, lynx shunt and cebo gx. Tried to connect to vrm portal. Keep getting invalid credentials regardless what I do

2 |3000

aly avatar image
aly answered ·

Everthing is commuicatiing with all the devices, all working as expected. The only issue is VRM online, won't let me login due to "Invalid Credentials" issue. Seems nobody knows what the fix is on this forum.

1 comment
2 |3000

aly avatar image aly commented ·
Same issue whether I use ipad, iphone or macbookpro....
0 Likes 0 ·
aly avatar image
aly answered ·

When I created the account, I did not get confirmation email. Tried with two emails and still no confirmation. Victron mail is blocked or in junk box. How do I get confirmation email, perhaps this is the reason for Invalid Credentials?????

1 comment
2 |3000

aly avatar image aly commented ·
Victron mail is NOT Blocked..... correction
0 Likes 0 ·
aly avatar image
aly answered ·

Problem solved. I did a password reset on an existing email and was able to login. I recall requesting password reset and never got email from Victron. In my firt attempt to create an account, I never received authorization email. Later on I did a password reset and never got email from victron. Today was the first time that I got an email to change password.

2 |3000

Related Resources