question

chainmaster avatar image
chainmaster asked

converting .rvcs file into .vcsf format

Hello all,

can i convert an .rvcs file into .vcsf format?

I managed to download the rvcs config file via VRM to my computer.

I want to change some configuration and upload it again.

The only program I can use is the victron connect app on Linux.

This app just creates the .vcsf format.

Is there any way to convert these formats or another way to edit the .rvcs file manualy on Linux?

VRMlinux
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @chainmaster,

At this stage remote settings changes for Multis requires VE.Configure - and that requires a windows environment.

It is possible to run VE.Configure for this purpose in something like WINE, or parallels, emulation and virtual machines, on other platforms - search the community for more info on that.

The full documentation for Remote VE.Configure is here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

It is possible to adjust *MOST* commonly used settings on the Multi In VictronConnect for Linux, but this requires you to be local to the machine with the MK3-USB adapter, and doesn't allow advanced configurations like assistants or remote configuration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chainmaster avatar image
chainmaster answered ·

thank you for the answer. i was hoping there is a workaround by editing the file somehow and converting it. ill go there with my mk3 adapter....

2 |3000

Related Resources