question

repro avatar image
repro asked

Victron SmartShunt 500A voltage reading issue

I have two complete solar systems mostly based on Victron components.

System 1: 48V Quattro 5000/120, 150/70 SCC, SmartShunt 500A, CerboGX, Touch 70 Screen.

System 2: 24V Phoenix 3000/24, 250/60 SCC, SmartShunt 500A, CerboGX, Lynx Distributor, Touch 50 screen.

When observing the system voltage on the Touch 70 and 50, or in the VRM App, the system voltage on my smaller 24V Phoenix based system always reads the voltage OVER 2V lower than it actually is. The voltage at the shunt and every point in the system reads for example 29.2V with a voltmeter, and the 250/60 SCC display and in the Victron connect app SCC device. The SmartShunt 500A reports 26.16V in the VRM, CerboGX and the Victron Connect App for the device.

My 48V Quattro bsaed system shows the correct voltage everywhere including the SmartShunt. All Victron devices have the current firmware updates. I have done two factory resets and reconfig on the SmartShunt with no luck.

I have found other reports of the same thing throughout the internet with no resolution. Could this be a defective SmartShunt or is there a resolution to this issue? Anyone?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Interesting problem. If you are sure the voltage wiring is in the correct location on the Smartshunt it may be worth swapping the Smartshunts and see if the fault follows the lower reading SmartShunt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.