question

jokani avatar image
jokani asked

Garmin MFD Integration - GMS 10 & RUTX11

Currently my Cerbo GX is connected to a Teltonika Router which provides the internet connection to be able to access the Cerbo via VRM, and I do not want to lose the VRM functionality.

I also have a number of Garmin devices networked via a GMS™ 10 Network Port Expander.

I'd like to use Garmin OneHelm, but reading the documentation it looks as though the GMS 10, needs to be the DHCP server, and this will conflict with the Teltonika RUTX11.

Is there a way to get them to play nicely together?

cerbo gxmarine mfd appgarmin
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jokani

This should be possible using wifi to the router and ethernet to the Garmin. It gets a mention in here.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-garmin

But unfortunately the 'more information' link is a dead end.

I use a CCGX both ways with 2 networks, the ethernet/pc on a manual address (GX end) and wifi/router receiving DHCP. And I understand that's it's really just a one-at-a-time/failover situation. The GX reports both links as 'Connected'. Yours will be different, but you may find it 'just works'..

Anyone know where that missing link went?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@JohnC The link went to nowhere. Now it should work again.
0 Likes 0 ·
jokani avatar image
jokani answered ·

Many thanks John (and Stefanie for the link) luckily I already have the Cerbo connected to the router via WiFi, so I'll give it a go and see what happens.

2 |3000

Related Resources