question

bibbjs avatar image
bibbjs asked

Can i integrate a Cerbo with 3rd party CANbus

We have a custom boat CAN network that gathers info from many Victron and MG components and shows them through a Garmin MFD. I would like to add a Cerbo to be able to get info remotely through VRM, and to have a dedicated system status display. Is this possible? Is the cerbo capable of showing the status of a quattro and a multiplus simultaneously or would i need a separate GX device?

cerbo gxgarmin
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @bibbjs

A lot of this stuff comes standard with Cerbo, but how it all fits with your 'custom' system might be your challenge.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-app.html This app I find really useful.

VRM of course needs the web, so ethernet needs to fit too.

The Quattro and Multiplus would need separate GX devices for full functionality, but you may get sufficient for your needs with a MK3 dongle on one of them (to the same GX).

What you actually want to do is the important thing.

Good Luck..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources