question

harmabel avatar image
harmabel asked

How do I resetten smart Batteryprotect

Hello

I have a smart batteryprotect 12/24V 65A. I try to resetten the pincode, but it does not work. I use the 3 dots and enter the PUK-code. The answer is: function not available.

How do I resetten this device?

Thnxs Harm Abel

SmartShuntSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Harmabel

Unfortunately, there are indeed some Smart Battery Protects produced without a proper PUK code. On these units, the PIN code can still be reset, but they need to run software version 2.08. The way to reset the PIN is described in the manual https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Smart-Battery-Protect-12V-24V-65-A-100-A--220-A-EN-NL-FR-SV-DE-PT-ES-IT-TR.pdf : PIN code can be reset by selecting P option.

When the P option is not available, it means that the SBP is not yet running v2.08 and the PIN cannot be reset. If this is the case, please contact your distributor to have it replaced (under warranty).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.