question

Sean avatar image
Sean asked

Incorrect voltage displayed - Blue Smart Charger IP22 24V 16A

screenshot-20220519-113322.jpgscreenshot-20220519-113315.jpgInteresting fault...

Output voltage is measuring correctly (with a multimeter) and charges with appropriate current, however the app indicates it's charging at around 18V and 16A (which I know to be false). Latest firmware and app. I've tried cycling power, reinstalling app, reducing output current to 8A, Power supply mode at both amp settings, all of the modes - nothing changes the displayed output voltage from around 18V. Any solutions?

screenshot-20220519-113308.jpg

voltagebluesmart ip22fault
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Sean

If it is that far off and there is nothing wrong with the multi meter, then I would honestly take it back.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image Sean Alexandra ♦ commented ·
That's what I figures. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

what alexandra writes maybe correct

But You dont tell us what the voltage is that your volt meter is displaying ( is it higher or lower than whats indicated) you do say its wrong but by how much - if it is charging at 16 amps then the batteries maybe overly flat

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Blue Smart IP22 Product Page

Blue Smart IP22 230v datasheet

Blue Smart IP22 120v datasheet 

Blue Smart 230V online manual

Blue Smart 120v manual download

Victron Connect online manual

Did You Know? - use the blue smart as a power supply (video link)

History and Settings for Blue Smart Chargers in Victron Connect (video link)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.