question

joep avatar image
joep asked

Blue Smart IP22 12|30(3) with wrong output voltage

I have an IP22 12|30(3) set as power supply. Running firmware 3.42. Serialnumber HQ2044Z29H8.

Using this to charge a LiFePo4 bank of 800+ Ah, using output 1. It is set for an output voltage of 13.90V while it only outputs 13,788V (measured at the IP22 terminals with Fluke 89 IV and confirmed by my BMS). The output current while measuring is < 1A.

I found that setting it to14V it really outputs 14V, while setting it back it gives an offset again. Offset is not linear!

As the LiFePo4 bank is sensitive to a correct output voltage this is really an issue.

Currently in a test-setup, but finally it will be two IP22' in parallel. Really afraid that sooner or later my bank will be destroyed due to an incorrect output voltage of the IP22' (or that the BMS is going to interfere of course).

Am I missing something or is there something wrong with the charger?

PS. Seems voltage is pretty accurate when there is some current floating (>2A) but drops with 100mV on the "loaded output" as soon as current drops. The "unloaded" outputs still output the correct voltage.

Kr,

Joep

voltagebluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
joep avatar image
joep answered ·

24 Followers and no answer, I'm not so happy with the Victron support :(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Most followers are bots or users that "follow" every question.

This is not a official support forum, this is a community forum where users help users.
If you have a problem with your device you have to contact the seller from whom you bought it.

In my opinion it makes no difference for the battery if it is 13,788V or 13,9V both voltages are well within the specs for LiFePO4 cells.
Even if it is not recommended, a LiFePO4 cell can be charged up to 4V (16V with 4 in series).
Most manufacturers recommend a charge voltage of 3,5-3,6V/cell.

2 |3000