question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

Low frequency pure sine inverter??

Halló, I noticed that some inverter manufacturers produce a type of pure sine inverter "low frequency".

They are expensive and extremely heavy! 30 kg for 2000 watts! screenshot-20220518-112443.jpg

Waht is the use of these types inverters?

Make victron something similar?

Thank you.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I noticed that some inverter manufacturers produce a type of pure sine inverter "low frequency"

Difference between LF and HF inverters.

Link^^.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@FRA

Yes Victron makes something similar.

They have the 2000w inverters for all voltage bases 12v/24v/48v.

Low frequency usually suggests there are heavy transformers in the inverter, but there is an argument as to whether that makes them "low frequency". The Victrons use a torroid type transformer, I would say better than the square type.

The toroid type inverters handle higher surge loads and overloads better. And have quite a few other advantages. The main one being they are a bit more robust.

2 |3000

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

Thanks you I now these victronenergy inverter. Actually I have a victronenergy inverter in my system. And it work perfectly 12 hours per day from 4 years!!

I was just wondering why some companies produce both high frequency transformer inverters and heavy low frequency inverters.

I was wondering what was the advantage of choosing a low frequency inverter with the same power, voltage and waveform.

Because you are buying a very heavier product more to have the same rated performance.

My. Victronenergy phoenix is perfect. Just asks me why a company offers for inverters of equal power, both high frequency and low frequency models. I guess that's a reason to choose one over the other?

2 |3000