question

vicci avatar image
vicci asked

"Grid Setpoint" does not work as expected

Hi and hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

we have a combined setup consisting of 3xVictron MP5000 (12kWp Panels) and Fronius (15kWp).

The Grid Setpoint does not work as expected (any maybe intended).

Grid Setpoint is set to -22500, the minimum SOC is set to 20%

1652864843055.png

Although the SOC is 40%+ and the total power would be sufficient (21+ kw) the given Setpoint parameter is not fulfilled.

Only 16 kw are sent to the grid and we have no idea how this can happen.

Maybe one strange observation: the voltage on L1, L2 and L3 against the grid is above 245V. Looks a bit too much, but honestly I have no idea ...

Does anyone have any idea how this behaviour can happen ?

BR

Vicci

ess grid setpoint not reached
1652864843055.png (123.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I don't know, might be voltage related indeed.

I have no idea what your settings etc. are so I cannot answer the question.

You are using external control, download the logs and see what's in it, check your grid-code settings, etc.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicci avatar image vicci commented ·

Are there some specific settings you are after ?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to handle external control / logs / grid-code as this was set up by a Victron electrician who is no longer reachable due to high load by customer requests :(

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake vicci commented ·

You can download the grid settings from VRM, under device tab, click remote VE.Config and download the file. You can post here if want us to have a look or look at it yourself and send screenshots.

Can you also post screenshots of the Inverter overview, Current limit in particular and of the ESS 2 screens, main and Feed-in menus.

Does the Fronius have it's own meter?

0 Likes 0 ·
vicci avatar image vicci shaneyake commented ·
I tried but I cannot upload the RVMS File

The upload dialog says "something went wrong" but it does not give me any details about what went wrong.

Is there another way how you can have a look at these settings ?

0 Likes 0 ·
pedaaa avatar image
pedaaa answered ·

i think the question is:

should the 3x5kVA multis support (if settings are correct) to feed in max. DC power from battery+MPPTs to grid, if the grid set point is high?!

So, with 3x5000 Multis this should be max. 3x4kW=12kW from DC to grid?!

Which settings for parameters could limit this inverting power?

And in addition:

Also move the 15kW from the Fronius from AC-out to grid at the same time?

So the max grid feed in would then be 12kW (from DC) + 15kW (from AC) = 27kW into grid.

i was assuming this should not be an issue, correct?!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic