question

James B avatar image
James B asked

MultiPlus-II GX Zigbee Meter

Can the MultiPlus-II GX range accept meter input via Zigbee, like the other GX devices can?

If so, is about 15m range and 3 walls going to be an obstacle for the wireless comms?

I’m trying to figure out what to buy to get the setup I need. The MultiPlus-II will be in my shed next to the Smartsolar charge controller, PV panels, and batteries. The meter is in the middle of the house and I can’t easily run a new cable from it, so I want a wireless-capable meter. I’m guessing the ET-112 will be the best choice here. The CT clamp must be connected directly to the MultiPlus if used, so that’s not an option. Or can a standalone GX device accept input from a CT clamp?

I already have an Aeotec ZWave CT clamp meter feeding data into Home Assistant, but I don’t think I could use that unless I run the Venus OS on raspberry pi and do something bespoke - would prefer not to go that route.

ESSEnergy Metermultiplus ve.bus
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi

Yes the wireless unit works very well in close range in metal enclosure believe it or not.

They have range in the open of 1.5km

As i sell the Zigbee units, some i just use the stubby aerials or the long range aerials.

They are use with all kinds of RS485 networks CT for Fronius, Huawei,Victron etc.

Regards
Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks - sounds like the Zigbee would by my best option then, if I choose to get the ET-112.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers