question

peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 asked

Phoenix Inverter 20 watt = 0 watts

Hi , just got my phoenix inverter 12/500 powered up for a quick and dirty test run and connected it to my venos os pi box , it shows up and all is working , the output voltage is there 230 v , but it say 0.0 amp , 0 watts on 20 watts .

Does it only show increments of 0.1 amps , 24 watts ?

Venus OSPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@peter@peter247.co.uk

They are not particularly good with small load readings. I have found on eco mode it is a little better. On our 12/800. The incremental jumps dont have good resolution.

But at the end of the day do youself a favour and get a smart shunt or BMV, it is always the VA out if the battery that is more important. Even on bigger systems the battery ends up being the concern not so much the load.

There are a few posts about it, like this one that explain more.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-3 avatar image peter-3 commented ·

Thanks , So from that post the power reading is just about useless then ? , gone a smart shunt waiting to be fitted , waiting for my cables and lug , fuses etc to come via the post.

I thought the ECO mode was the test for a load every few seconds and switch if the load is more than X watts.

I put a bigger load I got a watt reading of 69 watts and 0.3 amp , so I'm right 23 watts increment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ peter-3 commented ·
That sounds about right. 23W jumps. It is a hardware limitation.

You can get smart plugs to meter it as well.

I have a load high enough where is does not trigger the search. I just noticed it seemed better. I use the shunt now. So mostly check that.

0 Likes 0 ·