question

mark-davison avatar image
mark-davison asked

No charging, watts or amps

Hi I have 1x 12v 325w solar panel, when we first connected up the system it was working fine, then we had to adjust our van so had to rewire and recrimp, now the solar panel is not charging the battery, no watts, and no amp showing from PV or Battery. We have checked the crimps and they seem to be in order, we had a blown fuse on the wire going to the positive terminal which we have replaced. I have added a 35w load + inverter so there should be a load showing as well which there is not.

Does anyone know what I can do?

screenshot-2022-05-07-09-00-49-08-30b6efbd53acd6f2.jpg

MPPT Controllerssmart solar charging behaviouramps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your PV voltage is way too low for the mppt to start charging.

Check your panel and wiring again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

The Datasheet for the MPPT says that PV voltage must be 5V higher than the battery voltage for the MPPT to start charging and thereafter it must remain 1V higher.

Send us a photo of the specification sticker on the back of the panel and we will advise because the voltage should be at very least around 20V.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual