question

4ncar avatar image
4ncar asked

BMS App has 2 dashes in Time remaining

Usually, the app will state a period of time remaining till discharged, & Infinite while charging. Suddenly, I get 2 dashes instead of Infinite. No settings have changed, nor wiring.

Using Smart Shunt, so I do not have the puck gauge.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If there isn't a time to go, it's either due to no load, or you lost the state of charge. System should resynchronise as soon as you fully charge the batteries.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4ncar avatar image 4ncar commented ·
How do you mean, “lose SOC?” Battery Soc was 78% at the time of original post, is 87% now. There is a small load on the system, 1-4 amps.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ 4ncar commented ·
Or if the battery is being charged.

Time until discgharge can no longer br calculated.
0 Likes 0 ·
rluckenbach avatar image
rluckenbach answered ·

Did you resolve issue? Mine is having the exact same issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
If you follow the existing answers in the threads you've posted in, you will see what's happening. Perhaps help us to help you with a specific question that you're unclear about.
0 Likes 0 ·
brando avatar image
brando answered ·

If you cut power to your shunt it will loose sync and will display the dashes until the programed full charge paramiters are met. After it is at 100% it will then give you SOC and tell you how much you got left. Many people dodge this problem by connecting the shunt power directly to the + batt post so it never looses power/sync.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Time to go is only available when the batteries are discharging. There appears to have been a software change which replaced the old infinite which was shown when charging/no load with dashes.

0 Likes 0 ·