question

Stuart Smith avatar image
Stuart Smith asked

MPPT charge phase no longer displayed on VRM dashboard

Since the VRM update on 2022/05/04, the dashboard no longer displays the charge phase (bulk/absorption/float).

I assume this is not intentional.

Can someone please fix it.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stuart Smith avatar image Stuart Smith commented ·

Thanks. Not really the answer that I wanted. The only errors I have ever seen seem to be when moving from bulk to absorb, or absorb to float. The impression that I had was that it was polling the controllers and they may not be totally in sync. It only ever seemed to happen for a few seconds at most.

I'd prefer to have the lollipop an optional setting as it works very well for me.

1 Like 1 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney Stuart Smith commented ·
I agree. Disappointing on my end also.
0 Likes 0 ·
vward avatar image vward Justin Tierney commented ·
Me too.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image
Justin Tierney answered ·

Just disappeared from the app now also. I feel like we need to push back on this change. It should be our choice if we want to see the phases or not. I’m sorry a few folks had an issue that changes it for everyone. We might need to get a vote out there. I’m about to add a 3rd MPPT into my system, but seems pointless to add it to vrm. Maybe it’s just me that feels this way. If so, understood.

2 |3000

frenchie90 avatar image
frenchie90 answered ·

Agreed, this is a big down vote. We used this charging state information to make key decisions around turning on appliances, knowing when bulk, absorption and Float is in progress are all key, more so when the battery charge state is showing 100% but it's yet to truly finish charging so drawing mass amount of power for say and electric water heater or EV charging, may not be something you want to do yet.

One should not simply remove functionality when an issue is presented, at least give the customers an option to use the feature after an acknowledgement is given to proceed using it even with its flaws.

2 |3000