question

dfotak avatar image
dfotak asked

EasySolar 24/3000 CCGX

EasySolar 24/3000 CCGX or MultiPlus 12/3000+MPPT on liveaboard vessel

I have a dilemma about choosing a solar system to upgrade the existing electrical system in my vessel. Below are two variants of the scheme that I need to decide between, so I would ask you to give me advice that is better and safer, and maybe someone has some better idea. Thanks in advance!

EasySolar based design:

edership-45-easysolar-24-3000.png

MultiPlus based design:

edership-45-multiplus-12-3000.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @dfotak

I like the Easy based one. Given the inverter upgrade you'll really need those extra batteries, and adding extra new ones into the existing house bank in parallel would become an imbalance disaster. The separated dc and ac banks more professional too.

The GX box is an added plus. But the onboard CB's in the Easy are a bit of a waste if you already have an ac switchboard. The Easy could be switched for a Multi and mppt if you chose. And the CCGX for a CerboGX, especially if you want to use a Win laptop for monitoring.

I use an Easy 5000 in a similar setup. But went for 48V because I hate paralleled pb batteries. That was 5 years ago when no CerboGX existed, but I wanted the ac cb's. Ahh, the choices..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dfotak avatar image
dfotak answered ·

Many thanks for Your advice John, probably i will go with Easy and add Cerbo later.

2 |3000