Lynx Smart BMS 500 stuck in hibernate - jumper wire question

I have the following system in my RV:

4x 12 volt LiFePo4 smart batteries,

1x Lynx Smart BMS,

2x Lynx Distributors,

1x Multiplus II 12V/3000 watt Inverter,

2x Bluesolar 150/70 Charge Controllers,

1x Cerbo GX/Cerbo Touch 50.

I have all systems installed, connected, and I have charged all the batteries with an external Victron charger, configured the inverter (using an external 12v battery) for the correct batteries, and have tried to initialize the system...but the Lynx BMS will not exit hibernate mode (see attached photos of what I see on the app).

Using the app I am able to move the switch from standby mode but the system will never go out of hibernate mode.

When I switch from standby to hibernate I hear only a few soft clicks and the LED light beside the bluetooth light glows orangish for a few seconds then goes out.

Neither of the distributors LED lights ever illuminate and I never hear the contactor in the BMS make a sound.

In the app I also see that the distributors I addressed as A and B by using the DIP switches - do not show up. I assume this is because the BMS is not actuating the contactor which is not energizing the distributors.

On the Cerbo GX/Touch 50 I see the inverter but none of the other components. Via the Touch 50's screen the inverter is not accessible - only visible.

My only hypothesis for why this is happening is that I do not have a jumper wire on the multi-connector between the #10 and 11 contacts. I do not have the jumper wire installed on the connector because there was not one included in the box with the new BMS so I assumed it was not needed. Maybe I am wrong.

My question for all of you is this: Are my system's symptoms indicative of not having this jumper wire in place and do I need this jumper in place between the #10 and #11 contacts on the multi-connector to get things online and functional? If so, do I need to use a special Victron part, or is it possible and safe to use a piece of appropriately sized wire? If so, what would all of you recommend I use for this jumper wire? If I must use a Victron part - where would I source this tiny wire loop?

Any help getting my system online is much appreciated.

Stevo

A few photos for reference:

standby1.jpg hibernate2.jpg

dist-na3.jpg

unknown-error-4.jpg

settings1.jpg

BMS
standby1.jpg (29.3 KiB)
hibernate2.jpg (28.6 KiB)
dist-na3.jpg (22.6 KiB)
unknown-error-4.jpg (31.0 KiB)
settings1.jpg (33.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@snakesteve

Unless you have a simple remote on/off switch wired between pin 10 and pin 11, the wire loop is a must. Without it will not boot, initialise and close the contactor.

A simple 0.75mm2 wire will do.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snakesteve avatar image snakesteve commented ·
Wonderful! I had a feeling that tiny wire was the linchpin that held it all together.

Thank you!

Should I use stranded or solid copper wire?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ snakesteve commented ·

Whatever you have available :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
snakesteve avatar image snakesteve Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Great! THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
snakesteve avatar image snakesteve snakesteve commented ·
It worked perfectly! Thank you Stefanie for your expert advice!!
0 Likes 0 ·