question

matteburk avatar image
matteburk asked

Is Venus os suppost to reconnect to ve direkt USB device

Is Venus os suppost to reconnect to ve direkt USB if device lost? Or do you have to unplug USB and plug/reboot Venus os?

Venus OSVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Matteburk

This raises the question why Venus OS would want to lose a VE.Direct device. The first time I hear about it. A VE.Direct device is either functional or not, same for the VE.Direct to USB adapter.

If a VE.Direct device is lost, then there is no mechanism for Venus OS to reconnect that device on its own, unless you unplug and reconnect the VE.Direct cable. A reboot of the GX device is not necessary for this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matteburk avatar image
matteburk answered ·

Well probobly it would lose connection because of to long cable (5m plus 0.5 vedirect to usb). But if I disconnect and connect it instantly finds it or if I restart api with Venus OS...... so it defenently have connection since it gets connected if I do one of the 2 examples....... bit annoying that it can reconnect by it self...... A softwarescrpit in Venus could probably solve it..

2 |3000

matteburk avatar image
matteburk answered ·

17782cdf-57b4-4992-baf6-c2eeb00f46ad.jpeg I found that the Touchscreen Needs its own powersupply. After that They stat hooked longer but eventually drops. So i came to the conclusion it must be my rs232 boards/cables that are failing. Ordered 3 orginal victron ve direct cables and now it seems to Work.

I thought my homemade cable worked or not worked but obviusly the can Work for a while.

So what have i learned? Don’t make your own cables! Listen to victron crew!

/ Mattias

2 |3000

Related Resources