question

tyronmarais avatar image
tyronmarais asked

i have a system with a cerbo and screen and a blue nova 40 kw battery. the battery is working normally but the cerbo is not updating unless you redetect the battery always

cerbo not updating blue nova

cerbo gxbluenova
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ryanb avatar image
ryanb answered ·

Hi Tyron,

I am experiencing the very same issue with the same size 40kWh BlueNova battery. I have looked at the CAN output from the battery BMS, and the BMS is indeed sending correct updated values to the Gx Device (a Venus in my case). So this does seem to be a bug.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

muhammed avatar image
muhammed answered ·

Was this ever resolved? I have 3 sites which are randomly disconnecting from the battery. Bluenova with cerbo gx devices

2 |3000

ryanb avatar image
ryanb answered ·

The issue I described was identified by the Victron dev team, and their bug fix went into their following Gx firmware release, which was last year sometime. So if your customer's systems haven't been updated for a while, that might be the first thing to try.

2 |3000

Related Resources