question

pvittali avatar image
pvittali asked

Inverter RS 48/6000 Smart Solar + GlobalLink520+Pylontech US2000C + SmartSolar MPPT 150/35

Hi

Can I use the following components:

to build an island charger/inverter system ?

The Pylontech Stack (4xUS2000C) would be connected via the appropriate cable to the BMS/CAN input of the RS48/6000. The GlobalLink520 and the RS 48/6000 would be connected via VE.Direct and the Smart Solar MPPT 150/35 would be connected to the GlobalLink520 with VE.Direct as well.

The GlobalLink would then be added to the VRM.

Will this work ?

Thanks

Peter

globallinkinverter rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This will not work.
The Inverter RS does not have a BMS CAN port, it only has VE.Can which is designed to connect with other VE.Can products (daisy chain other MPPT's) and a GX device like a CerboGX.

The Pylontech battery needs to be connected to a GX device in order for its information and control messages to be interpreted by the system. You cannot connect a battery's data cable directly to the inverter because they do not understand each other's messages. Besides, they are at different baud rates.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pvittali avatar image pvittali commented ·

Thank you, I understand.

So I would need to add a Cerbo GX, connect the Pylontech-Stack to the Cerbo and then connect the Cerbo to the GlobalLink via VE.Direct for wireless data transmission ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Inverter RS Product page.

Inverter RS Online Manual.

Inverter RS Datasheet.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic