question

john-strein avatar image
john-strein asked

Victron Connect recognizes my Smart Shunt but won't connect

I have an older Andriod phone running Android 9. It is not connected to a cell service provider however I can use all the apps etc. and it functions just fine with an internet connection.

I downloaded the Victron Connect App. I recognizes my Smart Shunt but asks for a password. I tried the six zeros and that did not work.

On my new Android phone the app works just fine and never asks for a password when I sign in. I suspect it recognizes the phone and I had entered the six zeros when I first used the app (??).

Any suggestions? I don't think I changed the password although it is a remote possibility. I read where you can change the password by the PUK. That is all find and good but I have to look on the back of the shunt to find that code and the shunt is buried in my battery box and would take a lot of dismantling to retrieve it.

What should I do?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
joeismad avatar image
joeismad answered ·

Looks like you'll have to reset the pin and you'll need a PUK code to do that. Guess what, some jackwagon at Victron thinks the best place to put the PUK code is on the BACK of the shunt where you can't see it once it's installed. You'll have to open up wherever you installed it, unscrew it, pull it out where you can get light on it to read the PUK code and then maybe you can reset things and get it to pair. Then you have to screw it back in. This is a design FAIL. Based on what those experts have done, I think I'm going to go install my fire extinguisher INSIDE my fireplace and put all my smoke detectors OUTSIDE my house, then i'm going to lock my truck keys INSIDE my truck.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@john strein

The PUK on a Smartshunt is located on the END of the black electronics module. There's labels on both ends, but the PUK should be on the Battery end.

2 |3000