question

ejm avatar image
ejm asked

Programing Quattro

Please help with programing a Quattro 5000 Watt 48 Volt Inverter.

I bought this as a kit, but the Quattro needed to be replaced and I don’t know the setting that I would need for this kit. I would also need to know the settings to not overload my generator, for charging when my panels are not charging enough on cloudy days. Here is the rest of the system that I have. Please help!

4 batteries 2.3 KWH each, lithium NMC
Victron Energy Smart Solar MPPT 150/60
Victron “GX” monitor
Midnite combiner box
8 solar panels - Q-Cells 400w Mono Solar Panels Model: Q.PEAK DUO L-G7.2 400

The generator I have is an EU7000IS https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu7000is

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerHelpsupport
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ejm

By bought as a kit, do you mean someone second hand system, or a bunch of equipment somone sold as a system? Was it ever installed/setup and working?

You can get some free training on Victron Professional.

There are quite a few short videos online for Ve Configure. And a manual.

There are also settings on the GX that will need to be done, but that can be sorted later on.

5kva Quattro will not overload the 7kva generator if you keep your loads within the system capability.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

I didn't know much about solar, so I had a company put all the components on a board. It was plug and play very easy to install. Yes, it was working very well before I had trouble with the invertor. The company did all the configurations, so now I am on my own to get it set up. Thats why I am reaching out for help.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.

MultiPlus Product page Quattro Product page 

MultiPlus 230V ManualQuattro 230V Manual

MultiPlus 230V Datasheet Quattro 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codesVE.Bus configuration guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic