question

paragon avatar image
paragon asked

No questions just a wish and recognition.

Our ESS PV Victron Pylontech installation, which supplies our small single-family house self-sufficiently, works very well as promised.

I would be happy if they defined night mode as the default in the Victron portal.

Because the OS mode seems to prefer day mode?!

Saving the night mode is unfortunately ignored under Win7.

In other words, I can save the night mode as often as I want, the portal always jumps back to day mode?

Otherwise, I am positively surprised by Victron, as you are currently giving a lot of thought to the user-friendliness of your products.
The newly enabled firmware update and VEConfigure remote configuration is an enormous relief for all installers and private customers!
I would like to praise you for this!
Should it be possible in the future to update and adjust all connected devices via the Victron Portal, Victron will certainly become one of the most sought-after systems for "private" PV systems.

Unsere ESS-PV-Victron-Pylontech-Instalation, die unser kleines Einfamilienhaus autark versorgt, funktioniert wie versprochen sehr gut.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn man den Nachtmodus im Victron-Portal als Standard definiert.

Denn der OS Modus bevorzugt scheinbar den Tagmodus?!

Speichern des Nachtmodus wird leider unter Win7 ignoriert.

Soll heißen, ich kann den Nachtmodus so oft speichern wie ich will, dass Portal springt immer wieder in den Tagmodus!?

Ansonsten bin ich von Victron positiv überrascht, da Ihr Euch zur Zeit sehr viele Gedanken über die Bedienerfreundlichkeit Eurer Produkte macht.

Die neu ermöglichte Firmware-Aktualisierung und VEConfigure Fernkonfiguration ist für alle Installateure, Privatkunden eine enorme Arbeitserleichterung!

Dafür ein großes Lob!

Sollte es in der Zukunft möglich sein alle angeschlossen Geräte über das Victron Portal zu aktualisieren und einzustellen, wird Victron ganz sicher einer der nachgefragtesten Systeme für „Private“ PV-Anlagen.

Ich würde Victron diesen Status wünschen !!!

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Paragon

Thanks for reporting the night mode bug, I haven't heard it elsewhere, can you try with another browser? I will pass it on and keep my eye out for other complaints.

Happy to hear you have been delighted otherwise :)

I use a Pylontech Victron ESS system too right now in my own home, and have had some form of Victron system powering my life for over 10 years now, so am personally reminded on a daily basis to keep relentlessly improving the experience for the end users (because it includes me :)

Regarding the ability to update and configure everything via VRM...

Indeed the remote firmware update feature for VE.Bus devices was a big relief to have available.

Exactly which products, what options, and where they will be available is a very complex matrix of dependancies and priorities.

I can say for certain,

VRM and VictronConnect will remain as keystone pieces of the user interface.

The configuration and updating of Victron products will be constantly driven towards simplicity. We have come a long way in the last few years already, but from some perspectives there is still a way to go.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Paragon,

Do you still have issues with saving the dark mode preferences? If so, what browser are you using?

2 |3000

Related Resources