question

Dave Taylor avatar image
Dave Taylor asked

Victron Connect looping at 80%

All of my devices bar one are not unable to connect to my Shunt, Solar mppt controller or B2B controller. They get to 80% connected and then loop three times before then saying unable to connect. I have tried, Android Nokia 6.2 phone, Mackbook Pro and a Chrome book. All used to work but now unable to connect. I have one Pixle 4 phone still able to connect but that has just got water damages so will not be able to see what battery I have left. I have gone through the trouble shooting. i have reset the bluetooth on the phone and chromebook. I have reset the pin back to 000000 with the PUK code, I have rebuilt the phone to basic and tried with only the Victron software but still NOTHING. There is no way or resetting the devises and I am struggaling now. Anyone able to help?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you try to power cycle the devices?

Create a service report and attach it to your question.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-98bc9211-902b-01a0-96b9-1f314c4d63c5

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Taylor avatar image
Dave Taylor answered ·

Here you go, this one is from the Cromebook VictronConnect_report.log

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Dave Taylor

Thank you for the service log. I can see that the it indeed tries to connect, goes up to 80% and then disconnects. The disconnection however occurs really fast after the phone has a connection (which is at 40%) , so I was wondering, did the chromebook ever ask for the pincode?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Taylor avatar image
Dave Taylor answered ·

VictronConnect with new shunt.logyes, i think so, I have tried so many times now I can't be sure. I have been forced to purchase a new shunt as I am back on the road and need to know the status of the battery. However the new shunt is with the same fault on the Cromebook but the other devises are working with the new shunt.

I've attached a new log with the new shunt from the Chromebook if you could get this working as a backup. My faith in Victron has diminished somewhat with an ongoing connection problem for a long while.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Dave Taylor

This log file shows the same problem as the previous service log: It connects on a bluetooth level (40%) and as soon at it is time for the pincode (80%), it disconnect.

The questions is whether there is even a pincode popup or not. When this is not the case, a possible reasons that we have seen in the past with another user is that a different app was installed that intercepted the bonding process and provided a wrong pincode to Android. Android would then never show the pincode popup. Do you perhaps have another app installed that might be able to connect to other devices using Bluetooth? When this is the case, you can try to uninstall this app and retry to connect with VictronConnect.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources