question

victronvalhowell6283 avatar image
victronvalhowell6283 asked

BMV712 interface with Lynx Smart BMS

I have a gel cell house bank monitored by a BMV712. This was used primarily to get battery voltage and temp data to four Victron smart mppt controllers for the solar. I also have a Cerbo GX in the system

I am switching to Victron Lithium batteries and a Lynx Smart BMS. Does the Lynx smart BMS share wireless or wired data with the MPPT controllers so I no longer need the BMV712? Or, can I remove the BMV712 shunt and wire the BMV712 display to the Lynx Smrt BMS?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@victronvalhowell6283

With the Lynx Smart BMS, the Cerbo GX (via DVCC) takes control of the SmartSolar MPPT provided they are all connected to the Cerbo device via VE.Direct. The BMV712 is no longer required in the system and the display cannot be connected to the Lynx Smart BMS.

There is no direct shared data with the MPPT controllers. The Lynx Smart BMS communicates with the Cerbo GX via VE.Can.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victronvalhowell6283 avatar image
victronvalhowell6283 answered ·

Thanks. Does the VE Direct also communicate via the USB ports

2 comments
2 |3000

Yes.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@victronvalhowell6283

To add, different protocol and connectors, needs a VE Direct to USB interface cable.

0 Likes 0 ·