question

alan avatar image
alan asked

remove/reset vebus system config to normal

Hi all,

I know how to set up a VEBUS parallel or 3 phase system without problem. I also know how to reset the system to default using the VE.Bus Quick Configure tool when onsite.

How do I reset the config back to standalone with the system configure tool?
Now disclaimer, I am not onsite so I am looking at the remote system file in VE.Bus System Configurator. Surely there is a way to do this. I have tried dragging the failed unit out of the phse to unconfigured devices but the software doesn't accept the config as there are unconfigured devices.

One of the quattro's has failed so the system is down.

The master is working fine but the slave has failed.

Can the system be reset remotely? Is there a reset method via the dip switched on the quattro.

There are people onsite but they do not have a MK3 dongle.

It's easter and this install is on an island. There has to be a way to remove the parallel config.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingmultiplus in parallelvebus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can, I have downgraded a 5 multi system to a 3 multi system the same way so -

1.make sure all multis are on

2. download the config file to your computer using the vrm

3. The remove the offending multi from the configuration and save the config.

4. TURN that offending multi OFF onsite and upload the new changed file using the vrm

5. the system should become active with that one multi

at worst you may have to remove the ve-bus network cable from the remote slave unit thats faulty

this should return the system to a single standalone unit

hope that works for you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan avatar image
alan answered ·

When you say remove the offending multi (it's actually a Quattro) from the system in the remote file, do I simply drag it across to unconfigured devices? I usually use the quick config tool to reset a multi/quattro to standalone.

In fact I can’t seem to find any information about how to reset a Multi/Quattro to standalone using the System Configurator, in the victron pro training or the docs.

Dragging the faulty unit to unconfigured devices leaves me with this and I can't save the config.

1649970910115.png

1649970910115.png (74.1 KiB)
2 |3000