question

giulio avatar image
giulio asked

Lynx Smart BMS 500 #9 No.of batteries in siries incorrect,what is that?

At first connection of the system - 2 Smart lythium 200 Ah 24 v, lynx smart bms 500,lynx distributor 1000,inverter/charger multiplus II 5000ah 120 amp 24 v,cerbo gx and gx touch 50,no charging but only alarm from bms and display indicating error 9 Number of batteries in series incorrect,but i have 2 batteries in parallel.Where can i find the whole sequence of errors? Thanks Doctorgi

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Giulio

your two batteries in parallel counts as one single battery.

Connect to your Lynx Smart BMS using VictronConnect, go to Settings, set Battery voltage to 24V (should be automatically filled), set battery capacity to 400Ah and the number of batteries in parallel to 1.

Let us know if that solves the problem.

bildschirmfoto-2022-04-11-um-173521.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

giulio avatar image
giulio answered ·

Thanks problem solved Ciao Giulio

6 comments
2 |3000

@Giulio

What exactly did you do to solve the problem?

The reason I ask is that I may have been mistaken when I said that the number of batteries in your system should be 1. I will try to verify this again.

0 Likes 0 ·
uenpia avatar image uenpia Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Stefanie!

Are you still sure that two batteries in parallel should be counted as 1 in the setup?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ uenpia commented ·
No. They should indeed be counted as two in the setup. Sorry for the confusion.
0 Likes 0 ·
uenpia avatar image uenpia Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the answer :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
miya avatar image miya Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie

Just checking my set up (4x 330Ah in parallel). I have set in VictronConnect -

• Battery Capacity = 1320
  • Number of batteries = 4

That is correct ?

Thanks

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ miya commented ·
Yes, that's correct.
1 Like 1 ·