question

2fast4u avatar image
2fast4u asked

Display battery temperature (from smart shunt temp sensor) on Venus with GuiMods

Hi there, I have a temperature sensor connected to my smart shunt and am able to see the temperature in the settings of the smart shunt in Venus OS. How can this temperature be displayed on the overview page? I have also installed GUI mods and that gives me a lot more informations but still no temperature.

Venus OSSmartShuntTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

GuiMods only shows temps that appear on dBus as a temperature service. The Multi/Quattro and BMV/SmartShunt temperature sensors do not report as separate dBus services so they won’t appear on the overview pages.

I’m not sure I can extract the data from the Multi/Quattro and BMV/SmartShunt dBus services but I’ll look into it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2fast4u avatar image 2fast4u commented ·
Thank you, that would be awesome!
0 Likes 0 ·
maika avatar image maika commented ·

I have almost the same question. For me, the smart shunt also measures the voltage of the start battery. This is also displayed in the settings. But unfortunately not on the overview.

The Cerbo GX and the touch screen is very expensive. Far too few possibilities to change the overview. So a big thank you to your work.

I would be very happy if I would see the start battery in the overview. And maybe it is also possible to display the load output of the MPPT 100/75 in the overview?

0 Likes 0 ·
2fast4u avatar image
2fast4u answered ·

I haven´t looked into my VRM quite some time now, so I´m not sure when exactly this was implemented, but now I can see the battery temperature just like my ruuvi tags. If this was your work@Kevin Windrem thank you very much!

3 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
My changes would not affect VRM so credit goes to others.
0 Likes 0 ·
2fast4u avatar image 2fast4u Kevin Windrem commented ·
I´m sorry for the confusion. My knowledge is little to non existant. In the mirrored image of my touchscreen in the remote console (my camper is far away right now) the shunt temperature is now displayed together with all my ruuvi tags temperatures and I was even able to rename it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem 2fast4u commented ·
Remote Console in VRM is the GX device's GUI, so yes that was me.

The main part of VRM that shows a real time display as well as history of selected parameters is different code and user interface. My changes to add the battery temp would not change what's seen on those screens.

1 Like 1 ·